• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

opinions on hydraulic telescopic cranes for truck construction

trombeur

hello, if I can I would like to create a survey on truck cranes, those that are installed behind the truck cab or those at the back of the truck, to load the truck and carry out lifting and dismantling operations. in your opinion which the best brand and model considering the price the quality the robustness the shape of the lifting arm the useful flow thanks for the attention aspect opinions

http://www.buzzybeeforum.nl/viewtopic.php?f=275&t=11780

http://www.ditzj.de/html/en/events/bauma04/bauma04_2.html

http://www.hmf.dk/

upload_2018-9-6_9-17-33.jpeg

1490779450.png

P1000001.jpg

trombeur

thank you for your precious intervention and your opinion, what are you aware of cormach

?
immagine-042-copia.jpg

upload_2018-9-8_11-51-18.jpeg

images

Kiwi-truckwit

The benefit of cormach is that every one of their models has a continuous slew. They have a slew ring and drive motor like a crane. Otherwise, they are very, very slow to operate compared to other manufacturers.

Wes J

You don't really see a lot of these trucks in the US. Our axle weight laws make them kind of impractical. By the time you build the truck heavy enough to really lift something it's so heavy it can't haul much.

Kiwi-truckwit

You don't really see a lot of these trucks in the US. Our axle weight laws make them kind of impractical. By the time you build the truck heavy enough to really lift something it's so heavy it can't haul much.
Funny how different markets can be. I think you guys have heavier axle loadings than we do, yet we have truck loader cranes everywhere. But then, we don't really have many boom trucks over here... I've seen maybe 3 total.
In saying that, load carrying capacity is pretty limited with larger loader cranes, but they're seldom loaded to capacity

td25c

For us it's a toss up between Holmes , Grove , Insley & Pitman Pole Cat depending on the job .

Those cat's have forgotten more about building truck mounted rigs then most will ever figure out today .

100_2906[1].JPG 100_3407[1].JPG 100_4389.JPG 100_4063.JPG

Job at hand dictates what rig to send .

What do you want done ?

Last edited:

trombeur

For my part, the cranes on the trucks do not just need to load and unload the trucks they are assembled and assembled, but they are also hired as machines to lift the loads in small sites, build roofs, with the basket with the workers above, for small jobs of dismantling and assembly in our parts the cranes are very versatile, we have few resources and resources, so we settle and work with what little we have

attachment.php

attachment.php
dscn3613.jpg
dscn3614.jpg
dscn3610.jpg

scania10.jpg

attachment.php

td25c

For my part, the cranes on the trucks do not just need to load and unload the trucks they are assembled and assembled, but they are also hired as machines to lift the loads in small sites, build roofs, with the basket with the workers above, for small jobs of dismantling and assembly in our parts the cranes are very versatile, we have few resources , so we settle and work with what little we have .

Same situation . We just send what rig is needed to the site . :)

Yeah , you fellers drink beer that's room temperature for the most part ?

I've heard it's also hard to find ice cubes & cold drinks in Europe .

Anything to that ?

Kiwi-truckwit

Same situation . We just send what rig is needed to the site . :)

Yeah , you fellers drink beer that's room temperature for the most part ?

I've heard it's also hard to find ice cubes & cold drinks in Europe .

Anything to that ?
I'm from New Zealand mate. We definitely drink our beer icey cold.
Truck loader cranes (we just refer to them as hiabs, no matter the make) are widely used here, from construction deliveries, to scrap metal companies, and even mounted on tractors with a brush cutter head for maintaining shelter belts. They have fork attachments for lifting pallets (eg bricks, blocks, plasterboard, tiles etc etc), grapple attachments for loading scrap steel etc, clamshell attachments for lifting debris, topsoil, etc, manbasket attachments, auger attachments.... Very versatile machines. They fold up to leave the deck space clear, or to be mounted on a prime mover.

trombeur

Hiab, pesci?
https://www.hiab.com/

hiab_858_hipro_1300x845_new.jpg

http://www.pesci-cranes.com/

se175A_1024x1024.jpg

grinsven08.jpg
dscn3448-jpg.165392

thanks to your precious intervention, in Italy there is a lot of pesci, for heavy lifting the BONFIGLIOLi engineers the marquises are scraper loaders, the palphingers use them in the building to lift loads bricks and tiles on the building sites I have heard good things about the hiab

td25c

I'm from New Zealand mate. We definitely drink our beer icey cold.

I'm the same way Mate .:)

Had a buddy just got back from visiting Germany & France . He said the beverages were served at room temp for the most part & ice was a rare commodity .

Wondered if Italy was similar .

td25c

Truck loader cranes (we just refer to them as hiabs, no matter the make) are widely used here, from construction deliveries, to scrap metal companies, and even mounted on tractors with a brush cutter head for maintaining shelter belts. They have fork attachments for lifting pallets (eg bricks, blocks, plasterboard, tiles etc etc), grapple attachments for loading scrap steel etc, clamshell attachments for lifting debris, topsoil, etc, manbasket attachments, auger attachments.... Very versatile machines. They fold up to leave the deck space clear, or to be mounted on a prime mover.

We have a few guy's running " Knuckle Boom " trucks in the logging industry .

They can load & unload themselves if need be .

serveimage

The draw back is the extra weight of the boom .

Flatbeds with the wheeled fork lift on the rear are pretty common .

serveimage

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
The knuckle booms in this area generally are task specific. The drywall delivery business uses a flat bad with a lifting device to set pallets of drywall inside buildings. You see the septic tanks guys using what looks like a modified A frame style lifting device. What I'm saying I guess is that there are plenty of the knuckle booms around but they usually only deliver a specific type of product and don't get used much for anything else.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Same here TD, the Moffett forklifts on the back of a flatbed are the preferred method in my area for palletized job site delivery. Like John said the drywall and wall supply companies use knuckle booms.

https://www.hiab.com/en/moffett/

Interestingly enough Moffett is owned by Hiab.o_O

Kiwi-truckwit

It's certainly interesting how different markets can do things in different ways! We do have some units with the rear mount forklifts running around, but they're the exception rather than the norm. And the self loading loggers (in fact, there's actually a company named ''Self loader logging" but they don't have a telescopic boom, nor can they fold up into a tidy little package