• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Old IH iron

dieseldave

Some neat old IH mining iron that was in the same yard as the HD41's I posted in "dozers".

Attachments

• hough loader 220001.JPG
    hough loader 220001.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 841
  • hough loader 230001.JPG
    hough loader 230001.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 817
  • hough loader 240001.JPG
    hough loader 240001.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 846
  • hough loader 250001.JPG
    hough loader 250001.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 801
  • IH truck 20001.JPG
    IH truck 20001.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 835

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
That must be the place the old Harvestors go to when they die.

I hate it, I see those photos and have worked on all those types of machine except the 41B. Gee, and I was feeling so good about the sunny day too. Now I got to go beat on one of my fingers with a hammer as penance for such an evil early life.

:bash

Thanks for the photos?

dieseldave

That must be the place the old Harvestors go to when they die.

I hate it, I see those photos and have worked on all those types of machine except the 41B. Gee, and I was feeling so good about the sunny day too. Now I got to go beat on one of my fingers with a hammer as penance for such an evil early life.

:bash

Thanks for the photos?

John,

I've worked on some IH's so I feel a little bit of your pain. I failed to take into account, however, the severe shock these photos would cause anyone who had to work on and/or produce with these machines for a living. You probably spent years trying to forget the very terms "payloader", "payhauler" and the like, only to have it all brought back by my thoughtless post. LOL Good thing I didn't include pics of the 433's, the TD25, and the rest of the 400's, 560's and other miscellaneous IH carnage scattered around the yard- you might not have made it through the day! I'll try to warn you first when I post more, that way you can have a good stiff drink first and maybe peek at them just a little at a time. Here's a shot of the v12 cummins in one of the 400's, I'm assuming that this was one of the better components of the machine. Whatever their problems were, I bet those twin turbos at least sounded sweet!

Attachments

• hough loader 140001.JPG
    hough loader 140001.JPG
    114.2 KB · Views: 755

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
DieselDave,
I certainly appreciate your concern for my mental well being. In the future I'll heed your warning and knock out the lens in glasses over my good eye and plug up my good ear. That should soften the images enough to allow me to think it was all a dream:)

JTL

Occupation
IUOE Local 302
Good lord, I hope our equipment manager dont see this post! He would be on the phone trying to buy that old Payhauler!!:pointhead
Jason