• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Old Euc

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
I went on a short weekend trip to the south of me and while traveling on RT 83 through Harrisburg, Pa spotted this old Euc dozer for sale. I did what any HEF member would do, pulled to the side of the road and took some pictures! Don't know anything about it but it would be nice if someone saved it from the scrap pile.IMG_20210606_112007559.jpg IMG_20210606_112049484.jpg

skyking1

It needs a spread and a job to do.
A friend just got a place in eastern Washington, 40 acres up a hill with stunning views. A dozer like that could cut in the road, the building pads, etc.
Too bad the trucking price would be more than the purchase price!

skyking1

We all have different definitions of heroes. One definition would be the guy that could get the air conditioning running on that thing :)

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
At the time in NZ Euclid/ Terex were #2 best seller. A lot of contractors had enough of the poor service from the Cat agent. One large contractor had one hell of an argument with them over a D9 with 2 different track frames that they refused to even acknowledge so they went from 100% Cat to 100% Terex.
Some old Euclid dozers were converted to run double drum winches for pulling scrub rollers on hill country clearing. They have morfed into what the forestry contractors use today for winching harvesters up and down slopes.

Welder Dave

Was watching a new show on Discovery Canada (Mud Mountain Haulers) where they had a brand new Link Belt machine for holding machines on steep slopes. It was basically a converted excavator with the bucket on backwards to dig in the ground and a couple big winches with lots of cable to hold and retrieve feller bunchers and/or other machines on steep slopes. They can't be very common because I can't find a pic. even on the Link Belt site.

d9gdon

I'd like to have it, but we're 1500 miles apart...

Does it have the Euclid logo with the guy that has his thumb up his butt pointing, evidently saying get this POS to the shop?

Reactions: DB2

Welder Dave

Looks like the old 8250 to me. If it has the Detroit 12V71 and the batteries are under the seat........thats the best clues.

I noticed the twin air cleaners. 8240 doesn't have them and 8230 is quite a bit smaller. The blade looks a little small but everything else points to an 8250.