• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Now THESE are treehuggers....

wildhorse trnr

Occupation
Field Technician
My sister is into the whole man is bad earth is hurt because of man, don't eat meat, hold hands and sing kum ba ya(spelling?) thing. I love to get her going, and it is sooooo easy.

Bleed Green

wow this lady needs some serious help. She thinks that the trees can hear her or something LOL. News flash trees are not able to hear you lady.

2stickbill

Occupation
Sniffin diesel fumes.
I wonder what would happen if one of them big trees they are talking to fell on them?:D

Occupation
Owner/Operator
Dumb-@$$es like that run my family out of the Sierra Nevada's in the 90's. My Uncle a faller, cut into a tree spike and lost most of his face when the saw chain broke and whipped back. They burned down a new D8 and lowboy before it even saw the woods. A crazy even hand-cuffed herself to the back of my Dads log truck when he stopped to check his wrappers and he drug her to the main road. They sued us for that, had to shut down a side and liquidate some equipment. Poked pin holes in Hydro lines on the loaders, slashed all the yarder tires. Even caught the watchmens camper on fire a couple of times, it was hard even finding a watchmen to come up anymore. There wasn't a thing we could do. It's not like you can sue a college's art history class, just cause those were the yahoos that we doing it.

TALLRICK

What surprises me is that environuts have not started getting rifles and sniping equipment operators. Around here almost all privately owned land has been destroyed so it is not an issue.

Monte1255

Occupation
Farming/forestry/TSI
my hat is off to you and your family Doublebit.....just wish these people would wake up and realize that the work zone is not the place to take their protest to. the part that makes me mad about it all is that when they do something and we get hurt it is us in hospital or dead. very seldom do they get the punishment that is due to them. Every once in a while I get an email from a "concerned citizen" due to the fact that I have an internet web page, the lesson I have learned is that there is no reasoning with these people... you can try and be nice to them and they have thousands of reasons why you should look for other employment. you get mean to them and they say "are you threatening me?" and of course you know how that goes!
can't say as I ever have had to deal with things to your scale, but to some small degree I know your frustration.
:Banghead:Banghead:Banghead

Deeretime

Occupation
superintendent
Dumb-@$$es like that run my family out of the Sierra Nevada's in the 90's. My Uncle a faller, cut into a tree spike and lost most of his face when the saw chain broke and whipped back. They burned down a new D8 and lowboy before it even saw the woods. A crazy even hand-cuffed herself to the back of my Dads log truck when he stopped to check his wrappers and he drug her to the main road. They sued us for that, had to shut down a side and liquidate some equipment. Poked pin holes in Hydro lines on the loaders, slashed all the yarder tires. Even caught the watchmens camper on fire a couple of times, it was hard even finding a watchmen to come up anymore. There wasn't a thing we could do. It's not like you can sue a college's art history class, just cause those were the yahoos that we doing it.

Thats tough to hear about your family bud.I used to carry my pellet gun around on the indian reserve when we worked there because they always used to screw with stuff and I used to chip off a salt lick that we had at home and spend a few minutes making some sharp salt bullets that would fix any one who was screwing around.
Talk about pouring salt in the wound !!
:usa