1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Now THESE are treehuggers....

Discussion in 'Forestry Operations' started by special tool, Jun 16, 2009.

1. special tool

special tool Senior Member

2. qball

qball Senior Member

local 150 operator
    kinda makes me want to dump some waste oil in a stream.
    but i won't.

3. N.CarolinaDozer

N.CarolinaDozer Senior Member

Heavy Equipment Operator
    Leave my Aunt alone you guys! No just kiddin', I'd love to come pushing through with a D-10.

4. fireman050

fireman050 Senior Member

construction & volunteer firefighter
    screw a d-10 i'd rather have a d-575 komatsu

5. CM1995

CM1995 Administrator

Running what I brung and taking what I win
    Too many drugs + mental instability = that video:rolleyes:

6. D5G

D5G Senior Member

get the ole D8&9's, time to post a video responce with pure black smoke!

7. willie59

willie59 Administrator

Service Manager
    If I ever start acting like that...somebody please SLAP THE STUPID OUT OF ME! :crazy

8. CAT D9H

CAT D9H Senior Member

Heavy equipment operator
    Somebody get me a 8K or a 9H , Ill fix their problem

9. nextdoor

nextdoor Well-Known Member

Farming and playing in the dirt
    People have life too easy if this is all they have to worry about. Pathetic. Maybe a day or two without food, shelter or even safety might help them realise what really matters.
    ....Or of couse you could just use a D10!!!

10. ghitch75

ghitch75 Well-Known Member

they need to get a life......i couldn't even understand what they was sayin'?....

11. australian pete

australian pete Senior Member

clearing contractor.
    i wish i could tie them to a fence when we do our next clearing job and make them watch. bet they would just love watching us bush over big trees, then cut them in to pieces with our hydraulic shears and then put it all through the horizontal grinder, it would be like a real life horror movie to them, that would get them really screaming.

12. cps

cps Senior Member

plant mechanic
    I agree! Bring in the dozers, a good D8 or D9 should do the trick!

13. OCR

OCR Senior Member

Rancher/Farmer, Wildland Fire Fighter, State snowp
    qball, qball... hilarious... :lmao

If you ever get like that ATCOEQUIP, I think you'll be too far gone for slapping to do any good... :lmao

Not only did that video make me lose my appetite, but what I'd already eaten didn't set well either!... :(

Way more than... :crazy

It's just almost too hard to believe there're "people" like that... :eek:

OCR... :confused:

Last edited: Jun 20, 2009
  14. Finish Blademan

Finish Blademan Well-Known Member

Sitework superintendent for Wolff Construction. ww
    Bunch of weirdos looks like to me.
    Would be real fun to run up on about 50 foot tall china berry with a 966 Cat and push it over while they wailed and flopped around on the dirt screaming bloody murder..
    Hahahahahahaa
    I`d hate to see their repsonse when I get hold of 40 acres of Cedar infested land...:bouncegri

15. td25c

td25c Senior Member

I take the video and the people in it seriously.They are not on any drugs.They love trees and hate contractors that clear ground for new developements.It is my advice for all the membors that posted before me to go back an look an listen to the video that Special tool posted.These people are kooks for sure.They will visit a job site after dark and sabotage the equipment.Or worse , they will wait until the new home is almost done then they will set the new home on fire.

16. Steve Frazier

Steve Frazier Founder Staff Member

Makes perfect sense......burn the house so more trees have to be killed to build the replacement....

17. td25c

td25c Senior Member

Steve,These people dont make any sense at all.I dont know anything about the people in the vidio other than they look and sound like radical envirnmentalists.I wanted to give the other members a "heads-Up" on these radical groups.There are job sites I have in south central Indiana that I wont leave a piece of equipment overnight due to this issue.I have not had any trouble yet but my nieghbor has had hydraulic lines cut on his log skidders,and found wood shavings in the oil pan on his d-6 cat after it spun a rod bearing.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2009
  18. JTL

JTL Senior Member

IUOE Local 302
    These people are not in there right mind. They hate humans and all man kind. They don't want to see progress.
    A few years ago, a enviro-nutjob group set fire to a Oregon logging contractors fleet of trucks. What was the point they were trying to make? Look at all the pollution they put into the air when all the tires and oil, and fuel caught on fire These groups have spiked trees, killing and injuring the folks who WORK, (unlike themselves) at the saw mills. They have cut hydraulic hoses on loaders and skidders, shot holes in oil pans and the like, letting the oil just run down the road into a creek or river. All for the sake of "SAVING THE PLANET"
    These are the people that need stopped, not the poor b*****d out here trying to make a living with what the Good Lord has given us!
    Jason

19. OCR

OCR Senior Member

Rancher/Farmer, Wildland Fire Fighter, State snowp
    Now you're scaring me again 25c. You promised not to do that anymore, after "The Incident"

LOL... just kidding... but you are absolutely right... dangerous people.

OCR

20. Wolf

Wolf Senior Member

That would be sheer torture, and fun like crazy to watch. Yeah, let's put those tree huggers through their paces.