• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Now THESE are treehuggers....

qball

Occupation
local 150 operator
kinda makes me want to dump some waste oil in a stream.
but i won't.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Too many drugs + mental instability = that video:rolleyes:

D5G

get the ole D8&9's, time to post a video responce with pure black smoke!

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
If I ever start acting like that...somebody please SLAP THE STUPID OUT OF ME! :crazy

nextdoor

Occupation
Farming and playing in the dirt
People have life too easy if this is all they have to worry about. Pathetic. Maybe a day or two without food, shelter or even safety might help them realise what really matters.
....Or of couse you could just use a D10!!!

australian pete

Occupation
clearing contractor.
i wish i could tie them to a fence when we do our next clearing job and make them watch. bet they would just love watching us bush over big trees, then cut them in to pieces with our hydraulic shears and then put it all through the horizontal grinder, it would be like a real life horror movie to them, that would get them really screaming.

cps

Occupation
plant mechanic
I agree! Bring in the dozers, a good D8 or D9 should do the trick!

OCR

Occupation
Rancher/Farmer, Wildland Fire Fighter, State snowp
kinda makes me want to dump some waste oil in a stream.
but i won't.

qball, qball... hilarious... :lmao

If I ever start acting like that...somebody please SLAP THE STUPID OUT OF ME! :crazy

If you ever get like that ATCOEQUIP, I think you'll be too far gone for slapping to do any good... :lmao

Not only did that video make me lose my appetite, but what I'd already eaten didn't set well either!... :(

Way more than... :crazy

It's just almost too hard to believe there're "people" like that... :eek:

OCR... :confused:

Last edited:

Finish Blademan

Occupation
Sitework superintendent for Wolff Construction. ww
Bunch of weirdos looks like to me.
Would be real fun to run up on about 50 foot tall china berry with a 966 Cat and push it over while they wailed and flopped around on the dirt screaming bloody murder..
Hahahahahahaa
I`d hate to see their repsonse when I get hold of 40 acres of Cedar infested land...:bouncegri

td25c

I take the video and the people in it seriously.They are not on any drugs.They love trees and hate contractors that clear ground for new developements.It is my advice for all the membors that posted before me to go back an look an listen to the video that Special tool posted.These people are kooks for sure.They will visit a job site after dark and sabotage the equipment.Or worse , they will wait until the new home is almost done then they will set the new home on fire.

td25c

Steve,These people dont make any sense at all.I dont know anything about the people in the vidio other than they look and sound like radical envirnmentalists.I wanted to give the other members a "heads-Up" on these radical groups.There are job sites I have in south central Indiana that I wont leave a piece of equipment overnight due to this issue.I have not had any trouble yet but my nieghbor has had hydraulic lines cut on his log skidders,and found wood shavings in the oil pan on his d-6 cat after it spun a rod bearing.

Last edited:

JTL

Occupation
IUOE Local 302
These people are not in there right mind. They hate humans and all man kind. They don't want to see progress.
A few years ago, a enviro-nutjob group set fire to a Oregon logging contractors fleet of trucks. What was the point they were trying to make? Look at all the pollution they put into the air when all the tires and oil, and fuel caught on fire These groups have spiked trees, killing and injuring the folks who WORK, (unlike themselves) at the saw mills. They have cut hydraulic hoses on loaders and skidders, shot holes in oil pans and the like, letting the oil just run down the road into a creek or river. All for the sake of "SAVING THE PLANET"
These are the people that need stopped, not the poor b*****d out here trying to make a living with what the Good Lord has given us!
Jason

OCR

Occupation
Rancher/Farmer, Wildland Fire Fighter, State snowp
Now you're scaring me again 25c. You promised not to do that anymore, after "The Incident"

LOL... just kidding... but you are absolutely right... dangerous people.

OCR

Wolf

i wish i could tie them to a fence when we do our next clearing job and make them watch. bet they would just love watching us bush over big trees, then cut them in to pieces with our hydraulic shears and then put it all through the horizontal grinder, it would be like a real life horror movie to them, that would get them really screaming.

That would be sheer torture, and fun like crazy to watch. Yeah, let's put those tree huggers through their paces.