• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

No start

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
That’s a good point. The DB2 does not like any fuel return restriction.

stinky64

Occupation
big truck wrench/fixer of things
Vetech, this may be the one you've been waiting for, already on page two....On a serious note shouldn't he have at least a pop on the ether, even if he has a return blockage or weak pump? as long as the intake is free of obstruction and can breathe the ether into the cylinders it should at least catch momentarily?? J.W. stated that he got no rhythm at all after go-go juice injection.. Question is can the engine breathe? And is there compression?

Vetech63

Well, it’s just a standard 3 cylinder, 4 stroke, direct injected, turbo charged?......pretty base set up.
I’m with TPG.....more info and a process timeline is needed.

John Wierman

Occupation
Driver
Sorry it took awhile to get back with everyone!!! Sometimes life just gets in the way!!! I'm so grateful for everyone's help with my issue and the extremely fast responses!!!! Thank you all!!!!! Now to the answer!!!! After doing all the things said above in my post I just started to go back to the basics and common sense!!!! This all started with injectors!!! SO, I pulled them out and returned to my injection pump shop and ask them to test them. They did. 2 of them were bad and did not operate correctly. 1 was good. SO, I purchased 2 NEW, STANDINE injectors and returned home. After installation and bleeding, the motor started. It ran very rough and was blowing smoke ( black ) at every acceleration. SO, back to the shop to purchase the 3rd and final injector!!! After installation she fired right up with no misfire or excessive smoking. JUST PURRED LIKE A KITTEN!!! SO, the moral of the story shall be. DON'T BUY CHEAP AFTERMARKET INJECTORS!!!!! THEY COST MORE IN THE LONG RUN THAN THEY ARE WORTH!!!! Thank you all for you help and I look forward to spending time on this site with so many nice and helpful people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John Wierman

Occupation
Driver
I’m so lost. I don’t even know who’s on third base and I’m totally sober. We got to get this thing running.

Could that DB2 be 180 out?
Thank you for your responce!!! ALL was in time all along. If you read my new post it explains it. Thank you again!!!

John Wierman

Occupation
Driver
i would check the return line and fitting from injector pump to fuel storage tank, may not letting excess fuel flow to go thur, kiss== keep it simple simon
Thank you for your response!!! I did check ALL lines and made sure there were no blocks!!! If you read my new post it will explain. Thank you again!!!!

John Wierman

Occupation
Driver
Vetech, this may be the one you've been waiting for, already on page two....On a serious note shouldn't he have at least a pop on the ether, even if he has a return blockage or weak pump? as long as the intake is free of obstruction and can breathe the ether into the cylinders it should at least catch momentarily?? J.W. stated that he got no rhythm at all after go-go juice injection.. Question is can the engine breathe? And is there compression?
Thank you for you reply!!! I agree with you on the POP. No return blockage or weak pump. The intake system was dismantled and checked for blockage, and there was no restriction at all. And yes, there is compression. I'm not sure as to why i couldn't get a response from the ether, it should have giving me some indication.... Perhaps the battery was to weak at the time, is all i can think of. If you read my new post you will see the results. Thank you again!!!

John Wierman

Occupation
Driver
Well, it’s just a standard 3 cylinder, 4 stroke, direct injected, turbo charged?......pretty base set up.
I’m with TPG.....more info and a process timeline is needed.
Thank you for your reply!! If you read my new post it will explain all... Thank you again!!!!

John Wierman

Occupation
Driver
I edited your post down to the "pump" part of it.
In your opening post you said that you put a rebuilt injection pump on it. Yes ?
In your last post you are going have the old pump cleaned and re-calibrated.
Are you dealing with two separate pumps ?
If you had the injection pump off are you certain it is now timed correctly ?
Thank you for your reply!!! I put a new LIFT pump on her and had the Injection pump rebuilt and set to specs. If you read my new post it will explain. Thank you!!!!

Tinkerer

You aren't the first one to get stung by buying aftermarket or rebuilt injectors, John.
I had the same experience a long time ago trying to save a couple of dollars.
The vendor advertised the ones I bought as "new".
They didn't last 100 hours before 3 of them failed. After looking closely at the barrels of them I could see that rebuilder had etched his info on them.
Thanks for posting back your thanks and good news !

Eric a1cnc

I too was recently stung by cheap injectors. I am glad you have it running now.

I think the reason it didn't pop on ether could have been that there was too little fuel being injected. It seems there needs to be a certain amount of diesel too or they won't fire.

stinky64

Occupation
big truck wrench/fixer of things
A diesel engine will run on ether until the can runs dry, no fuel needed...I once watched a yard man pull a linehaul tractor with a bad ecu ( i.e. no fuel ) from under a trailer with a can of ether, another one of them dingdongs was on the hood applying the alternative fuel source...A good starter and fresh batteries will also liberate a dead truck from the trailer it's under,but I wouldn't recommend it:rolleyes: