• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Nineties Logging

Tugger2

I have those whistles on 2 of my cranes . They do get attention on todays jobsites . So far ive had no complaints at the safety meetings.

Think of those whistles echoing off the hills back in the day when there was a couple of 009 s working up a steep valley. Clouds covering the back end ,the smell of bark and ground up dirt, while your head down a##ss up welding a pin back in a grapple ,truck sitting there with half a load ,woods foreman barking over the radio how are you doin up there. Its along time ago for me but i did enjoy those days.

Last edited:

grapplewrench

Thank you for sharing that video.Can anybody tell which BU that
Skagit yarder is?
I worked around Timberline strokers and then Waratah dangle heads for years,and given the same operator the dangle head
would way out produce the stroker,but in a 16 load a day and less situation,I prefer the stroker do to power,not slipping,and not waiting a week for parts.Those dangle heads,that have all the moving parts in them,are beating against logs and slash all day.Especially with a new operator.
Had a buddy that ran a Timberline stroker while I had a Timbco 445 with a quadco hot saw.We were a matched set.
For a week in 2000, we shipped 30 loads a day up above Stirling City.it seemed like every Doug Fir had two long logs in it.