• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

new to this site

papadoux

Hi there, I'm from Louisiana and came up on this site looking for complaint forms. has anybody out there had any bad experiences with ironplanet:crying

Cat420

Occupation
Construction, small engine and machine shop work
Welcome!

I always watch the auctions on Ironplanet, but haven't bought anything from there. There's something about not being about to run the machine before purchase that makes me hessitant to bid on anything.

If you don't mind sharing, did you have problem with Ironplanet specifically or the actual seller? Ironplanet really likes to promote themselves as a safe and reliable place to buy equipment, but as we all know there are two sides to every story and it would be nice to hear some firsthand experience.

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums!!:drinkup

I'm glad you found us, although I'm a bit confused how you found us on a search for "complaints"!! I hope there aren't too many complaints about this site, LOL!

Have a look around and feel free to jump in anywhere you like!

papadoux

Ironplanet

No Steve there were no complaints about this site. Searched heavy equipment forums and this site came up. Was looking for a site to complain about Ironplanets Ironclad Assurance guarantee which is 99.9% B.S. I was looking for other people who have had problems with Ironplanet and their deceptive descriptions and photo's.
tks
mike:crying

LT-x7

Occupation
Earth Moving Contractor
For some reason I can't open a new thread so I'll just piggyback this one.
Has anyone used ironplanet since this thread died?
I'm considering buying a backhoe through them and I'm looking for feedback.
Thanks

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Welcome to HEF LT-x7! :drinkup

For some reason I can't open a new thread so I'll just piggyback this one.

The first red link in my signature will explain this. :)

fcf1320

Hi guys I had a bad experience with Ironplanet but not from de USA but from Europe, though is the same company. I bought a CAT 320 year 1992, the report stated excellent condition full of green stars and when the machine arrived....oh what a surprise all the electronic parts destroyed i had to spend 3 k on the reparations and spend many months to find a qualyfied person to arrange the machine. In this days I have claimed for the 3 k refund but still have no reponse. I will let you know further information.