• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New KW

jmac

Most of the trucks around here have boxes that tall. 18' long and as tall as the truck. Can't load with a skid, no way, hard to load with my EX60 but easier now with the PC150. They will hold 20 yards no problem, they put 16 yards because of weight but will hold alot more. 22 to 23 tons of stone when I get loads from them. My truck is 16.5' box but alot shorter and much easier to load. I put 14yards in it sometimes 15 yards if I want to push the weight. 15 ton is perfect for what my truck will handle so 14 to 15 yards is alot of weight for my truck but the newer ones seem to handle to 16 yards fine. Very nice truck, congrats, do you drive for your dad?

2004F550

Charter Member
Occupation
Operator/Student
yea i drive quite a bit now, I've had my class A for a couple years, I usually find myself in our old Mack DM roll off or filling in for the trailer driver moving equipment here and there so i actually have no real time in any of our KW's, hoping to get some time in this one maybe. I don't mind moving equipment because it keeps you thinking and theres action, I'm not too much for dump trucks and the roll-off gets really quick.

John

2004F550

Charter Member
Occupation
Operator/Student
here are some pics of the tractor/ trailer and the tag set up...

Attachments

• equipment pictures 039.jpg
    equipment pictures 039.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 438

2004F550

Charter Member
Occupation
Operator/Student
opps i already posed pics of the tag some where on the forum so it won't let me again, but theres one of the lowbeds and the tractor anyway

nedly05

I love that Mack S/A. What are the specs on that bad boy? Does your Dad want to sell it? You guys have some sweet machines. I like how you keep them so clean and sharp. Right On:thumbsup

2004F550

Charter Member
Occupation
Operator/Student
We'll be holding on to this for a while, its an '88 RD688P that we bought from a town that traded up a couple years ago, 36,000 miles orginally, has muncie central hyd. with electric solenoids, plow frame, etc. We replaced the body and added a jake brake, new tires, and painted it. It replaced a our '73 from the NY thruway that finally gave out and broke the frame this year. The other specs are Mack 275 hp, allison 5 spd, 23k rear end.

nedly05

Like everything else you guys have, thats a beautiful rig. Nice specs, too bad she didnt have a 13 spd tho. Ive been lookin for a mack SA nice and clean for awhile. Just like that one!!