1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

New Ford 4500 Owner

Discussion in 'Tractor/Loader/Backhoes' started by AJP, Mar 6, 2011.

1. CraigS

CraigS Member

Telecommunications
    Hi 4500Guy and many thanks for your tractor Id link but I cant seem to match any of my numbers with anything on the site. Are you aware of any other sites I can go for info?
    Cheers,
    Craig

2. Brownie

Brownie Member

Looking for some advice. My 4500 has manual steering. I had to pull the steering column to get the fuel tank out (long story for later). Now I want to reinstall, but those dam ball bearings in the lower ring won't stay in place to slip the steering shaft back in. Has anyone encounter this problem and if so how did you beat it?
    Thanks Brownie

3. jimg984

jimg984 Senior Member

Brownie,, you will get more help by starting a new thread with a different title good luck with that project
    james in NC

4. Brownie

Brownie Member

Thanks James, but this site won't let me post new threads, only replies.
    Brownie

5. jimg984

jimg984 Senior Member

Brownie it will after doing so many replies I think it 5 times so just relpy to some more threads and then click thread starter....even if your reply only says oops LOL

6. papa111

papa111 New Member

hi
    i am new here:

would like to get hold of DAMAN
    i also have a 72 ford 4500 tractor loader backhoe d5011f 2c17b c332749
    the tag on backhoe unit says 19-551 r108706 HD-15

i am confused on codes " 727,730,740" i would like to find a parts, shop, etc. manual or manuals for this tractor/backhoe
    any help would be appreciated
    thankyou

7. Brownie

Brownie Member

8. trevor b

trevor b Well-Known Member

Brownie try using some thick grease coat the bearings good put them in place they should stay it's worked for me TB.

9. daman

daman Well-Known Member

Agriculture,Truck Driver,Mechanic
    What are you looking for?

10. mitch504

mitch504 Senior Member

A 730 is a 1/3 yd industrial loader, usually used on a 3400 utility tractor.
    A 735 is a 1/2 yd industrial loader, usually used on a 3500 industrial tractor.
    A 740 is a 1 yd industrial loader, usually used on a 4500 industrial tractor.

I think a 727 is a lighter loader, maybe farm duty?

I agree, www.jensales.com is a good source of manuals.
    Good Luck

On edit: You'll find these too:
    A 751 is a 11 foot backhoe.
    A 753 is a 13 foot backhoe.
    A 755 is a 15 foot backhoe.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2011
  11. papa111

papa111 New Member

ok
    thanx guys i am beging to understand..
    so the 2c17b meens 4500 made in 72 in march dayshift ?!
    so i have a 740 loader with
    a 755 backhoe attachment

thankyou mitch504 , brownie, and daman

daman i was trying to contact you because early in the thread you had manuals 4 sale.

i dont know how to upload a pic so i will use it as my avatar

thanx

12. Lawman

Lawman Member

Is it possible to have a 755 backhoe on a 4500 Ford 3 cylinder diesel tractor?

13. mitch504

mitch504 Senior Member

Yep, read the posts just before yours. A 755 backhoe has nothing to do with the later 755 tractors. There were three backhoes made in the late '60s-early '70s, that could be installed on Ford industrial tractors. a 755 is the largest of these, with a 15' digging depth.

14. Lawman

Lawman Member

Thanks Mitch, appreciate the info. I just bought this rig and don't know much about it. Would sure like to have an operators manual for the 755 backhoe. Would you know where I could find one?

15. mitch504

mitch504 Senior Member

16. sterjess

sterjess Member

I have a Ford 4000 backhoe loader I'm going to be going through this winter. I'm getting water in my oil, does anyone know if these older 3 cylinder diesels have cavitation issues or is it more than likely just a bad head gasket?

17. Lawman

Lawman Member

Could someone tell me what the standard size of the bucket that came on a 755 backhoe on a 4500 Ford is? I bought a backhoe a few days ago, and it has a bucket that's only 12 inches wide. I don't believe that's the one that came on it. Thanks.

18. jimg984

jimg984 Senior Member

2 ft wide

19. mitch504

mitch504 Senior Member

There's not really a standard size, buckets are bought with or without the machine to match the job. It only takes a few minutes to change them, so most people that make a living w/ a hoe own several.
    A 12" is good for trenches for utility installation, since a narrower one usually plugs.

20. daman

daman Well-Known Member

Agriculture,Truck Driver,Mechanic
    24" was the standard all purpose size, available then was 12", 18", 24", 36"