• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New Case Mass EX

Jakebreak

Occupation
operator/pipelayer/mechanic
I believe sumitro makes them just like a link a belt if I'm remembering correctly from what a case salesman told me one night over at con expo I had asked him if everything they say in their video promoting their new excavators was correct he said that they ran it alongside every major brand loading trucks each for an hour and he said it out performed the competition but he is a salesman I have never ran a case or a link belt just caterpillar and a few John derre hopefully some of the other guys will chime in I think quite a few people on hear run a case excavator or has ran one

hvy 1ton

Sumitomo have had a finger in Link-Belt since the 80's, they bought Link-belt excavators in 2010. Case is building Sumitomo excavators over under license. Case mini's are still Kobelco. Haven't been around a case since they moved away from Kobelco machines.

Tags

The case minis are actually now made by Hyundai...learned that at the ConEx show...

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Unit is the same as the comparable size Link-Belt and both made by Sumitomo. The Sumitomo line has been pretty consistent in design and quality over many years. The real issue with both is dealer support for parts and trained service personnel. Warranty claims can be dicey as to how they are handled and if they don't have the part local, it just takes what it takes until you get the part in hand.