• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New(2me)2008Jcb 214eS4 Cylinder bleeding off

Damon J Jones

I got a 214eS4 2k hrs, rebuilt engine(4hr) and making this post to get advice on anything I should check/monitor.
As of right now known issues.
1.When putting it in "hoeing stance" front lifted, stabilizers down. The front end bleeds off pretty fast 5-10 seconds.

2.when pointing the ho straight out the 2nd cyl from root bleeds down (more chrome appears,extending 2nd cyl.

3.Starter drags and it will not start when it gets hot only as far as I can tell so far(bought yesterday). Last owner bought new starter (in it now) and possibly burnt it up either before rebuilt engine which he says engine needed rebuilt because of bad fuel(I am think gasoline but I'm sure as hell I won't be told that from someone who likely spent 7k rebuilding it lol. He is getting a new starter for me. This isn't much of an issue now but maybe sets a alarm off for someone

4.My sidepanel/dash warning lights are pretty foggy and can't really see what it is indicating

5.My seat was frozen. I took 4 bolts off leaving frame and then took center bolt out thinking I could lift it off and grease and couldn't lift the frame. I was able to put grease inside rubber boot and get it functional but requires great effort. I was unable to start center bolt back but didn't try hard cause I didn't see its purpose.

That's all I can think of right now but any pointers would be greatly helpful.

skata

The drifting cylinders is either worn valve body, or bad piston seals inside the cylinder, where fluid is getting by the piston.
Simple test. Lower arms all the way down. Loosen or remove the hydraulic hose on the lift side of the hydraulic cylinder. Start machine and try lowering arms. If piston is bad, oil will come out where you removed hose. Don't try lifting, otherwise oil will gush out.
Can you use headlight restore kit on the plastic display?