• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

need some advice on setup...

jazak

Defaintly post some pics, I'd like to see how exactly you do it..... Plus once we see the excavator & trucks we fully realize how large it really is ;)

zhkent

Occupation
Earthmoving
I would keep the trucks on the road.
I would cut a second bench while I sat on the bench you made and loaded it the first pass.
I would cut the second bench as high as possible and still be able to sit on it to load the trucks on the road and reach the floor.

On the second pass I would cut the third bench to sit on, again cutting it as high as possible and be able to sit on it to load the trucks on the road and reach the floor.

While some efficiency will be lost by turning further to cut the benches it will be more than made up for by being able to keep loading steadily, as opposed to having to stop loading to cut another bench.

Make sure your bench is wide enough that when you swing the counter weight doesn't rub.

One last thing, on the passes I probably wouldn't take more than 2/3 the width of the bench. This should save swinging around so far to cut the 2nd bench. Also cutting a vertical straight down is easier when you cut straight out from the machine pulling to the center of the machine.