• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Need help with link belt

dstill85

I have an older link-belt excavator that was given to me by my father-n-law when he died. The machine has sat for the last 2 years, I got it home and ran it for a few hours and lost my swing (both directions) and left track. Both things came and went a few times before I finally was able to get it in a good location to park it. If I hold pressure on either swing function and slight pressure on the dipper, the track works fine, zero noise and zero power loss, let go of the joystick and the left track stops immediately. All other functions seem to working properly with no power loss. I can not hear the sound of the pump change at all if you attempt to swing or function the left track individually. I'm not certain of the model number of the machine yet for it was a farm machine and has been beat most of its life. Size is equivalent to or a little smaller than a 2700. Sorry I know that's not a lot of help, going to attempt to find a serial number on it tomorrow since most of the guards and decals are missing or worn off.

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
I have an older link-belt excavator that was given to me by my father-n-law when he died. The machine has sat for the last 2 years, I got it home and ran it for a few hours and lost my swing (both directions) and left track. Both things came and went a few times before I finally was able to get it in a good location to park it. If I hold pressure on either swing function and slight pressure on the dipper, the track works fine, zero noise and zero power loss, let go of the joystick and the left track stops immediately. All other functions seem to working properly with no power loss. I can not hear the sound of the pump change at all if you attempt to swing or function the left track individually. I'm not certain of the model number of the machine yet for it was a farm machine and has been beat most of its life. Size is equivalent to or a little smaller than a 2700. Sorry I know that's not a lot of help, going to attempt to find a serial number on it tomorrow since most of the guards and decals are missing or worn off.
Can you post some pictures of it or email the pictures to tool_king@hotmail.com so we can figure what you have .
thanks
Ed

dstill85

It’s not pretty and has seen some serious farm abuse since coming out of the rental fleet, but it still runs and digs great.... with exception to the current problem

Shimmy1

I'm going to guess it's a 2650. I was expecting to see an old square-back, but this machine is very similar to a Case 9010 I believe.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
The serial number will be stamped on the edge of the floor plate in front of the boom cylinder base bosses. That will be the Sumitomo serial number but it will tell us something about the machine.

dstill85

DD321158-2D61-43EC-B5C4-C01E22892A16.jpeg 7CF37866-E235-4564-9474-6E08F4308FEF.jpeg Here is what’s left of it, I sure hope this is enough to get us headed in the right direction
I believe it says :
xnb0342
330-3

Attachments

• 3C545430-0D90-4593-A4B9-0AB4E745D4F1.jpeg
    3C545430-0D90-4593-A4B9-0AB4E745D4F1.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1

John C.

Occupation
I think that is the plate number for the floor of the house itself. If you back up a bit and look at the end of the floor plate of the house you will see the machine serial number. You will probably have to scrape the paint like you did on the tag number.

John C.

Occupation
It won't be on a tag. It will be stamped into the front edge of the frame plate itself.

John C.

Occupation
That is the Sumitomo serial number. You should be able to contact a Link-Belt dealer now and get some information on the machine. A parts book can be identified by using that number. I think the machine is a 2650C model also.