• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

My TL150 is King Kong. Seriously, this machine is a tank.

Georgia Iron

Occupation
Concrete building slab and grading contractor
A mini ex is nice when working in soft terrain! I got my TL250 stuck quite a few times on a house pad project. Got my SVL90-2 stuck 7 times in 2 hours mowing last year.

Does either machine work better in the soup, compared to the other? I know the tl250 weighs more, which one gets stuck quicker?

Last edited:

lumberjack

I more meant to be able to recover the track loader... just chain to it, set the blade, and pull.

For equal weight, I'd think an excavator gets around soft ground better, it can use the boom to shift weight or push/pull. To the best of my memory, I've only had to pull a mini ex out once.

antonio76

I dont use my tl150 professionally, normally I dont use it for more than 1/3 to half throttle,it doesnt seem to need more usually for my use. dont want to hijack but would doing this extend the life of the hydraulic pumps?? I love my machine!it really is a beast!

Georgia Iron

Occupation
I dont use my tl150 professionally, normally I dont use it for more than 1/3 to half throttle,it doesnt seem to need more usually for my use. dont want to hijack but would doing this extend the life of the hydraulic pumps?? I love my machine!it really is a beast!

Not positive on the life of the pumps but I would imagine it should. I also only use partial throttle, almost always. Compared to my case machine it seems that it does not idle down as much. When I get into the throttle my belt wants to squeal.

Georgia Iron

Occupation
I more meant to be able to recover the track loader... just chain to it, set the blade, and pull.

For equal weight, I'd think an excavator gets around soft ground better, it can use the boom to shift weight or push/pull. To the best of my memory, I've only had to pull a mini ex out once.

I agree with the excavator comments. For some reason, I was thinking SVL90-2 was a track loader as well as the tl 250. Maybe I confused it. I really wonder say how a tl130 vs a tl150 does working in soft ground. I have been in the marsh a bit and I was surprised when the tl150 went down as quick as it did. Some loggers were working in the same area about 25 years ago and they sunk a 4x4 skidder to just under the doors. It took them 2 days to get it out using dozers and other logging gear. You can still see there ruts in the marsh. I think the tl150 might not float as well in the goup as compared to the skidder. You would think with tracks it would but it doesn't seem to do as well.

I was truly lucky because I did not have any other help at hand and I was just barely able to get close enough with the truck and the winch and I almost stuck the truck on the way in. The rain just kept coming down and I seem to work alone far to often.

Last edited:

antonio76

Not positive on the life of the pumps but I would imagine it should. I also only use partial throttle, almost always. Compared to my case machine it seems that it does not idle down as much. When I get into the throttle my belt wants to squeal.

the dealer agrees with this!!they say no less than half throttle!! still learning but I am loving it!