• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

My Mini and Parts

Big daddy

Occupation
Paper maker,TISSUE
Ooop`s ,you were talking about my lawn tractor trailer.I use it now behind my atv.Bought it at Sears.1500lbs payload,better than using a wheelbarrow,lol!!

joispoi

That hitch would be great for a sled. Pile rocks or whatever on the sled and take it with you. Useful if you don´t have a skid steer.

Smarty

No you were right, Big Daddy. I was talking about your dumping trailer. To post photos, go to attachments and browse your picture files and select the ones you want to post, no need to resize anymore. Also search this site for better instructions.

On Sleds: I don't know if I would tow too much with a small excavator, see thread on final drives $$$$.

Big daddy:
I have that same trailer myself .A word of caution , DO NOT Operate with a low pump battery , it will dump Hyd. fluid out all over the box.Other than that great trailer very strong .I see yours has rear stabilizers , any chance of getting another pic closer up to them?? .

Hendrik

These are my new toys.Hope they will be making soon.I new at this.Any advice or help would be great,thank`s
Make sure you got insurance.
Have hand tools on hand, shovel, crowbar, pick axe, old axe for cutting roots, saw for cutting branches, tools to maintain the equipment, etc, basically have everything you may need on a job at hand to save having to travel to and fro or having to go and buy it to get a job done.
Do you carry fuel for the machine?
What sort of attachments/spare buckets do you have for the ex? This depends on the sort of work you are going to be doing but if you are doing hard digging you may need to look at getting a ripper or narrow bucket with tiger teeth. A final trim bucket is handy to tidy up/level off/load light material but they all cost a pretty penny.
The there is the thumb attachment, hammer/compactor, auger unit and probably others I have missed but it is a matter of getting out there and seeing what sort of jobs are required and the sort of attachments you need to do them. No point shelling out $$$$'s for a hammer to have it sit idle for 364 days of the year.
Once you got all these sexy attachments you'll want a quick hitch, preferably automatic to save getting out the cab:D
Also be careful where you dig, as there can be anything under the ground.
Best of luck:)

93turbo

looks good smarty. haven't had a chance of running a kubota excavator yet but liked their utility tractors/hoes. Funny how they always look bigger in the photos

Bootguy

I have the same trailer too and would like to see those rear stabilizers. The ramps are rated for 5000lbs loading, doesn't your machine weigh more than that? Have you reenforced them?