• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

My Mini and Parts

Smarty

This is my excavator, I got it in August.

I don't know if the photo will show up, I tried to attach it.

I will post this thread to see if I am doing it right.

I looked at the preview it's not there I guess I need help.

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
This is my excavator, I got it in August.

I don't know if the photo will show up, I tried to attach it.

I will post this thread to see if I am doing it right.

I looked at the preview it's not there I guess I need help.

Check out the second red link in my signature. If you need some more help, just send me a PM. :)

Smarty

Thanks Countryboy. My photos were too big so I downloaded the resizing software.

DSCF0689 (Small).JPG

Here is my Kubota KX 61-2 with the upper track guides or pads removed. I was going to ask about fixing them because replacement is very costly. I went ahead with replace metal piece that is welded on to the bolt on part. I bought four pieces of 3/4 x 4" stock and had them welded on.

Here is a photo of the worn ones. I should taken a picture of the new ones.
DSCF0687 (Small).JPG

Here is a shot of the sprocket

DSCF0690 (Small).JPG

Here is the blade showing the Reese hitch, I was glad that someone had thought of this. From this site I saw the idea of having a trailer hitch on the blade and thought this would be very useful. This is good variation because it comes off when you don't need it.

DSCF0691 (Small).JPG

I'll get some photos of the new pads and the forks that came with the machine.

Last edited:

nedly05

Nice machine, how many ton? I can never figure out a Kubotas weight by the machine model #? It looks about like our 27JD so I'm thinking around 3 ton:beatsme They are worth there weight in gold them minis:thumbsup

Bayrat

Occupation
Dig Safely Field Representative
I looked at one of those machines, used version, was 5700#.

Smarty

I had to have the manly tracks(steel) I don't think rubber would of held up with all the rock on our property. I do have one rubber track that came with the machine maybe if the steel wear out I might switch.
I think the 61 in kx 61-2 refers to 6100 lbs. that would be about 3 tons.

Thanks for the response.

nobull1

Charter Member
Occupation
Same as interests
When my machine came it had rubber tracks until I received the steel. It took quite awhile to get them as most people prefer the rubber. I now have a set of new replacement rubber tracks that will never go on my machine. IMO with steel you don't have to worry about hidden treasures, stumps, rocks and many other things that could ruin your day. Another thing is you have a lot more pushing power with your blade. The steel doesn't slip nearly as easily and if they do it won't cut the tracks:D . As far as the model numbers go I don't think it is weight. My KX91-3 weights about 7500lbs with the steel tracks. As far as wearing out the steel tracks... I would like to see it. You might wear the sprockets, guides and rollers, but the tracks, I'd be surprised. Just get yourself 4 pieces of some old conveyor belting about a foot wide and 10' long and you can go anywhere. I

Fishfiles

Good Choice

I personally like the Kubotas , being a mechanic I have worked on quite a few of them and find they are well built , they seem to go the extra steps to make them heavy duty , if I were going to buy a mini excavator Kubota would be right at the top --------last week I did the first service on a new kx161-6 zero swing Kubota and really liked it's smoothness of operation , their motor are proven winners

equippartsdir

Hey nobull1!
Log on to eBay, setup a sellers account and turn those Rubber Tracks to cash! There's a bunch of guys always looking for replacement tracks for the Kubota machines!

Go get the Cash!

hipoint2

Any chance you can post some pictures of the back of your blade that shows the hitch? I was thinking of doing this last year to tow around trailers and when I came upon this I thought it was great! I wanted to see how the receiver was made is it "beefed" up at all on the back? Great site too!

strott

Occupation
Mini Excavator and dumper operator
I think the kubota models and weights are as follows:

K008-3 = 900KG
KX41-3 = 1.6 ton
KX61-3 = 2.6 ton
KX71-3 = 3 ton
KX91-3 = 4 ton
KX121-3 = 4.5 tons
KX161-3 = 5 tons
Kx080 = 8 tons

Smarty

Are you still around, Fishfiles ?

I have started a thread on general about my slow leak on my injector pump, you might be able to help.

Thanks

atgreene

Here is the blade showing the Reese hitch, I was glad that someone had thought of this. From this site I saw the idea of having a trailer hitch on the blade and thought this would be very useful. This is good variation because it comes off when you don't need it.

Your welcome.;) Not sure if it was mine you saw, but it works great to move stuff around.

Nice looking machine. Rented one for a year or so, I liked a lot of things on the Kubota.

Smarty

You've got my trailer, Big Daddy.

That's the one I want but I might have to make due with a flat bed for now.

I saw small trailer made for a ATV that would be great for towing with the excavator, $2500 abit pricey!