• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

My first skid steer

jakewoody

I am thinking of buying a 2007 John Deere CT322 2 speed skid steer with 1200 hours on it. I want to use it for a small residential business of small residential grading projects. it has an enclosed cab and new tracks on it. all the bells and whistles but I do not know how to find out what it is worth. seller wants $28500.00 my question is this a good first machine to use and if so what is a good price on it? Thanks for your help on this one.

PeterG

Occupation
Contractor
If you have a mini excavator, then you may be ready for a tracked skidsteer. That machine is certainly really nice. I would suggest something more in the $18000 range and spend more on attachments. For sure you need a few buckets, pallet forks, grapple, maybe other attachments. Big skidsteers are quick to tear up the place. I use mine (takeuchi TL130) mostly to move around large quantities of topsoil (like a 100yds etc) and some land clearing and dump truck loading. I seem to to use my mini skidsteer (toro Ding TX425) much, much more. It's fine to move up 18yds of gravel around in a day and I can run it over ground protection mats etc. I like that I can haul the mini and the Dingo at the same time.

DIYDAVE

You might want to think about an asv rc30, too, mine'll do about a tandem load an hour, if it'd dumped where you want it. Just spread out and box graded 1 tandem load, in about 3-1/2 hrs, had to haul it some... Only thing different is that the attachment plate is a little smaller, height wise than a larger unit. A good used one should be in the 8-9K range, at auction...