• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

My Dream slowly becoming True, Pics!

Nick385CL

Occupation
Operating in the summer
I used our 580C to load the topsoil back at home, and while im doing work Cody is taking it easy!:rolleyes:
IMG_1428.jpg

The homeowner also wanted a small porch taken down and hauled off

IMG_1429.jpg

IMG_1431.jpg

IMG_1433.jpg

390eric

Wait, they didn't want you to remove the pool first? That's interesting, guess its a good way to keep animals out of your garden.

Mark13

Pretty cool little read, it's another thread I'll have to keep an eye on. Best of luck to you!

I'm close in age to you and am trying to get my foot in the door with small skid steer jobs along with using my truck and gooseneck. I get a few jobs here and there but nothing consistent.

Nick385CL

Occupation
Operating in the summer
I haven't had much time on the computer in awhile, work has been picking up and im busy as ever. I started digging pools for my uncle, hes been really helping me out. I have his hauling jobs as well as excavating. Its looking like a busy summer to come!:drinkup Im trying to get as many pics as possible.

Heres a late night pic from acouple weeks ago, using his mini and his 130 Tak to load out dirt from a pool.
IMG_1531.jpg

Last week I picked up a Hudson Tag trailer, I have a 20ton Eager Beaver that needs some TLC, and Im planning on getting a tri-axle in the near future to pull it, so this Hudson will get me by till then. The ONLY thing I hate about it is how high it sits, I think the guy before put the wrong springs on it. Im making plans on getting it lowered down, it makes for very steep loading. I priced a new Moffett Tag from a local dealer, they wanted $9,000 which seemed good for how well built it was, but I saved over half of that money on this one for now, by the end of this year I plan on putting a down payment on a excavator, so anywhere I can save money I do. The Moffett was good for 19,000# on the deck, this one is good for 18,000#.

IMG_1545.jpg

IMG_1546.jpg

IMG_1547.jpg

Nick385CL

Occupation
Operating in the summer
Recently I picked up a job excavating a pad for a future garage. I figured it was the perfect job for the Tak, when I delivered it the guy was surprised that was the only machine I was going to use, but was quickly impressed by how much dirt I could move with it. I tracked my lifts in with a full bucket, as he is waiting a year to build, hell have time for settlement if any. Im planning to have it completed this week, I hope dad can make it over to spread the base and then 2B on top. The weather has been crazy lately.

IMG_1568.jpg

IMG_1570.jpg

IMG_1577.jpg

IMG_1578.jpg

Nick385CL

Occupation
Operating in the summer
I've been off the forums lately, I check in from time to time but rarely. I wish I could keep this updated more, I mostly just stay on Instagram. This is a side business for me and when I'm laid off from my regular job, I'm an operator by trade. Since my last post on here I've purchased a 2001 Thomas T45 mini, and a 1997 international 9300 triaxle. Work has been very busy thankfully, between regular work and my business. I've been struggling with a triaxle driver, they are very hard to find good ones, anyone I can trust put it that way. I'm slowly building the fleet up, being smart about it and not getting in over my head. I have a chance at a 1995 Kobelco 120 this year off a good friend, if everything works out that will be the next investment. If you want to check out my Instagram it is DurtymaxLBZ