• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

My Dream slowly becoming True, Pics!

nedly05

That's a sweet truck, I would love to get one like that. An 8LL will make it really sweet. Go to bigmacktrucks.com for answers to any question you may have about Mack's. Huge amount of info over there. We're going to need more pics. :thumbsup

Fastdirt

he is a SUPER nice guy, I told him my story and explained how I was getting started etc, he gave me an awesome deal, and waited 2 weeks till I had the money, guys gave him offers for it and he told them it was mine. I cant thank him enough for that, a true honest guy.

Guys like that are golden. They do exist though, just hard to find. Like the pics and story. What kind of excavator are you going for?

Nick385CL

Occupation
Operating in the summer
Well I just got home tonight, today was slow, ended up going to pick up a Case 1845C skidloader that was burned in a fire. Pap wanted it for parts for his.

I snapped this pic at a truck stop on the way home, I was in a hurry since it was already 7pm

securedownload.jpg

I also found out why my Mack still wont steer after I put the pump back on.... I walked in the shop this morning, and my dad asked if I was forgetting anything from yesterday... He was holding a spring in his hand, the spring that is suppose to be in the back of the pump!:Banghead:pointhead I cant believe I forgot to put it in but oh well, at least that solved the problem! I don't have any work for the truck at the moment so it isn't hurting it to sit.

FastDirt, Im really set on getting a Takeuchi TB175, but if I cant find one, a machine around that size or alittle bigger... The reason for the 175 is it will suit me for multiple tasks, not too small, not to big, rubber tracks for on driveways etc . I was also looking at 160 Deere/hitachi/LinkBelts, or a 312 Cat. I guess when the time comes ill find the right one that will suit me. Im still trying to get completely on my feet, and find more work so if need be I can borrow a machine for now.

Nick385CL

Occupation
Operating in the summer
Great truck, whats the gvw on it?

The truck weights 17,900, and I have it Titled for I believe 36,500#... When we transferred the title, I switched the plates off my Brockway onto the Mack... Well the Brockway was titled for 63,000# combo for a tag trailer.... Cole Contracting had the truck at 36,500 and the notary wouldn't put the 63,000 onto my Mack because it would have to be inspected and ok'd to pull the trailer and combo weight. Needless to say I lost like $250 and I will have to pay it back to them when I get my tag trailer fixed and inspected to increase it.

heymccall

1845s are worth more in parts than they are whole.

Just bought another TB180FR. From Contractors Connection, with 1200 hr. That makes it my third TB180FR, and my 7th Takeuchi in the fleet. The slewing boom, vs the traditional on the TB175, makes them that much more versatile for digging against foundations, and curbs.

Nick385CL

Occupation
Operating in the summer

Just bought another TB180FR. From Contractors Connection, with 1200 hr. That makes it my third TB180FR, and my 7th Takeuchi in the fleet. The slewing boom, vs the traditional on the TB175, makes them that much more versatile for digging against foundations, and curbs.

I ran a TB180FR when I worked for Walsh, it was a sweet machine, only had 80hrs on it. But for me starting out they are quite pricey. You didn't by any chance do a sewer job out towards Fredericktown/Denbo area acouple years ago? I worked for Walsh on Rt43 and the outfit that was doing sewer lines for a new treatment plant had Takeuchi CTLs and Minis, and many Cat hoes, I believe their company trucks were all red chevys.

heymccall

I ran a TB180FR when I worked for Walsh, it was a sweet machine, only had 80hrs on it. But for me starting out they are quite pricey. You didn't by any chance do a sewer job out towards Fredericktown/Denbo area acouple years ago? I worked for Walsh on Rt43 and the outfit that was doing sewer lines for a new treatment plant had Takeuchi CTLs and Minis, and many Cat hoes, I believe their company trucks were all red chevys.
You found me...yup, that's us. I was under that turnpike bridge (before the final deck connections were completed) when the earthquake hit.

Nick385CL

Occupation
Operating in the summer
Wow small world huh, I was running a RT750 Grove picker on Pier 1 of the river bridge... The guys radioed to me thinking I hit the pier with the crane and shook it, then we found out it was an earthquake lol

390eric

Ha ha, I remember when that earthquake hit. That was funny, I was ripping rock with our 8 and everybody comes over the radio,"There was an earthquake, did you feel?" I just laughed and said feels like an earthquake in here everyday.'

Looks like you are starting out well, I like that little Mack sweet looking truck.

Nick385CL

Occupation
Operating in the summer
Its been awhile since ive been able to post, ive been so busy with everything, helping dad and pap out. Not much going on lately, hauling some scrap and doing maintenance.

I ment to post this before but skipped it, last fall I installed Airlift airbags on my Dmax, they work awesome, I plan on getting a compressor onboard with a wireless controller in the future, but for now I routed the hoses through the back bumper.

Here I used the Trailer and the Jack for the dovetail to jack my truck up to make room, worked perfect!

IMG_0668.jpg

I got alittle ahead of myself on the pics, last fall I spread some regrind on our driveway, it needs re graded and a runoff ditch cut this spring

IMG_0524.jpg

I also started planning out a new road to our hay barn, we have always just used this grass road which is fine, but when its wet its a mess. I cleared some brush, and im going to put a nice base in and gravel it when time allows this year, we have so much to fix on the fences and barns, the work never stops. The Barn is really hard to see but if you look about 1500 feet straight behind the Tak, you can just make it out.

IMG_0526.jpg

Figured I would throw in a group photo while everything was home

IMG_0669.jpg

Nick385CL

Occupation
Operating in the summer
Last week I finally got my Steering pump fixed on the Mack, turns out.... I put it together backwards!!:Banghead Live and learn! At least I know what to do now lol

IMG_1034.jpg

Paps 1845 is still giving us problems, The pumps are loosing pressure, we re sealed them and checked everything, filters etc, and it still has little power to the drive motors, Hes going to reseal the main pump as he thinks it is leaking internally.

IMG_1046.jpg

I took a trip to Groff Tractor for parts this afternoon, man I can only dream of owning a new Hoe, I hope I will one day.
IMG_1112.jpg

We have been getting so much snow, 3 inches today, on top of what we had so I decided to plow our shop, thank god for a heated cab!

IMG_1041.jpg

lowbed driver

Was on the Takeuchi site and seen those full rotation booms. What are they like? They are mounted to one side vs. a swinging boom mounted in the center from what I see. How are they for lifting?

Nick385CL. Congrats on getting started. Looks like you are well on your way with what you have now and the shop facilities. How the hell are you going to buy a hoe if you keep buying dump trucks.LOL. Nice trucks, nice to see. Why do you guys want 8LL trannies. I drove a W.Star with one and just hated it. I was and am use to 15 speeds and when I had to drive that truck it took me 2 fullshifts (work shifts, not tranny shifts,grin) to somewhat get use to it. Then back into my regular truck and a month or two later I would need to drive that W.Star again and learn all over again. They arre suppose to be as close to bullet proof as a tranny can get.

Again good luck on your endeavors and keep the pics coming.

Cheers Lowbed Driver.

pafarmer

Occupation
Land clearing, demo, site prep etc. Ex Pro Motocro
Keep working hard , it's all going to pay off in the end. Don't bite off more than you can chew, give the customer more than they expect and most of all , stay true to the big picture

Nick385CL

Occupation
Operating in the summer
Ive been so busy over the last month, I haven't had much time on my computer. I finished acouple jobs up that I have pictures ill upload. Im heading over the shop in an hour to change the fuel filter on the 140, it started cutting out on me acouple days ago. I have a very strange job to do tomorrow, headed out at 8am with the Mack n Tak. Ill be sure to get pictures of it! Should be interesting lol

And Nedly you really like that little Mack! Its a great truck, if I ever get rid of it ill let ya know!

Nick385CL

Occupation
Operating in the summer
Last week I picked up a French drain around a foundation. I had 3 tri-axle loads of 2b at the shop so I hauled them over with the Mack, and what was a plus was the homeowner bought it all and said any leftovers can be used on the driveway. I always deliver alittle more than needed just incase. My buddy stores his TB135 at my place and said I could use it, it did really well, but I cant wait to get my own mini.

My buddy and helper Cody running the Tak and dad decided to supervise in the bed of the Mack:rolleyes: And you can see the mud stain on the back corner of the machine:pointhead It happens but bothers the hell outa me!

IMG_1366.jpg

Loaded up and leaving the shop, Cody pulling the 135 with his cummins

IMG_1373.jpg

Half way done with the house, I didn't get as many pics as I wanted, we were trying to get done before rain hit

IMG_1380.jpg

And the last shot I have of digging.

IMG_1382.jpg

Nick385CL

Occupation
Operating in the summer
Yesterday me and Cody left at 8am to arrive at this job, The homeowner has a pool in the back yard that is old and hasn't been used in years, they wanted to fill it with gravel, have a sump and then topsoil on top to use it as a garden! I said ok well get it done:cool2 This was the tightest place the 140 was ever in! It was a nightmare and we didn't get out of there till 8pm! hauling the gravel and soil was 1.5 hours round trip.:Banghead

IMG_1423.jpg

IMG_1426.jpg

IMG_1432.jpg

IMG_1434.jpg