• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Morooka MST800 final drive parts book

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Hey Darin, got a few tips for you wrestling with those Morooka tracks.
First of all, raise the dump bed and secure bed with locking device. Remove your grease adjuster. Use fork lift or crane to lift rubber track about half way between rear of cab (or hyd tank for opposite side) and rear idler. Lift track to retract track adjuster/idler. Make sure it goes all the way in. At this point, remove the upper roller (or rollers if 2). You'll find it easier to work with track with these rollers removed.
Second, I find it easier just to get the whole machine off the ground as opposed to just one side. Just lift the front of the machine, place cribbing or sturdy stands, then rear of machine. Everything is now nice and level. Raise the machine just enough for the mid track bottom rollers to be just above the spike bars sticking up from the track, more than that works against you.
Now, find you some steel pipe or round bar stock pieces cut about a foot long. You'll have to determine the proper OD size of pipe or round bar for the type/size track your working on. On MST-600 and 800 size tracks, I think a 1 1/4" steel schedule 40 steel pipe is about the right OD size. You want to place one of the pipes in between two of the track spike bars of the top track, perpendicular to track, just in front of idler and hold it there. Have your helper start machine and slowly rotate track in reverse, causing the pipe to ride up on idler which will lift those two spike bars off idler. Skip one spike bar space. Insert another pipe between the next two spike bars, rotate in reverse again. Skip another space, insert one more pipe between the next two spike bars, rotate reverse. Now, you will have 3 pipes sitting on idler which lift the bars away from and clearing idler. Now you can observe if you have the right size pipe. Too small OD pipe, bars don't clear idler. Too large, tensions loose track excessively impeding track removal. Bars should be just clearing idler. Now you can simply put a belt strap around track back to forklift and pull track off idler. You may have to jockey track at rear bottom roller. Spike bars may not be clearing that roller. I have taken my forklift fork and dropped it on bottom track pushing the track down away from rear bottom roller, then use a comealong to tension the strap I have at idler. That way, as I'm pulling the strap to pull track off idler, the fork is holding track clear of bottom roller.
All you have left to do now is pluck the track off of sprocket, which is not such a chore now that you have the track removed from idler giving you plenty of slack to work with.
Re-install track in reverse order as removed. ;)

darinray

Charter Member
Occupation
Owner-Equipment & Parts Sales
Sweet tips. Ours wasn't quite so smooth because we had different size pipes and pry bars. :) Also when we took the track off the tensioner wasn't able to go all the way back because there was dirt and mud packed in there forcing it to be tight going. We had to take the bottom rollers off by the idler just to get teh clearance needed to clear the lugs. All in all the removal was easier than the assembly though. :) But with the forklift and long pry bars install didn't kick our butts nearly as expected. :) Got some better pics of the girl now.

Attachments

• DSC05842.jpg
    DSC05842.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 667
  • DSC05846.jpg
    DSC05846.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 675

swampdog

I do like the Morooka dumpers but get scared everythign I buy one just because what COULD be wrong with them. :)

I get scared just thinking about buying one, especially after hearing about how difficult parts are to obtain and the price of parts. Tried to buy one last year but it didn't work out - maybe that's a good thing.:D

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Hi swampdog. Actually, it's my experience that it's not so much parts are hard to find for Morooka machines as much as it is Morooka USA or Dominion Parts must not keep a large inventory of parts. They frequently have to order a part you need from Japan. And yes, a number of their parts are a little spendy. Don Lanway has connections to Morooka parts and can sometimes save you some money. I really haven't had a problem with parts not available, just have to wait for them. Granted, that can be a PITA when your machine is down to the point of wanting a different machine. Thing is, if your working on Morooka terrain, hardly any other vehicle will go where those things will go. And they are awsome doing jobs over terrain that few other machines can travel to. :)

Micheal

Occupation
Chief Mechanic on a iron ore exploration project i
Hi Gents
Myself are also batteling with a Morooka Mst800, just remember from the model 3601 the final drives are different from the older ones and from 4001 there are a lot differences.

Good Luck
Micheal

Micheal

Occupation
Good Day
I have a Morooka MST800 very old one serial no:2343
Can Anyone tell me what should the tramming pressure be and the pressure to the brakes. Because my brakes system is normal hose which I think it can not overcome the force of the springs off the brakes.
Kind Regards
Micheal

Micheal

Occupation
Ho to All
I have a Morooka MST800 serial 2343, Very old, so I changed the pump. Could'nt find the original PV022022 pump from Japan. They send me a PV055055-611 but the hydraulic motor are still the BM21-24CTBF-50. Will this system work this way and what can I do To get it worked?

Thanks for any assistance
Micheal

holeworx

I resently purchased a mst800 #845.enquired with morooka & they told me it was a 1984.that was all they could or would tell me.it is a tidy machine with I am lead to believe a genuine 2700 hrs.it had some sort off mulching unit on it .apparently with a auxillary motor.so main machine has done little track & engine ,hydraulic work.so im lead to believe.it has had a engine rebuild ,due to water loss (6cylinder mitsi )& one track motor overhauled.my plan was to just put a tipper on it & use it.just doing some research at the moment all appears to operate as it should.it is good to see some support out there for them

lantraxco

That's about all they know I'm sure. I worked for Morooka USA for a few years, before the current distributor took over. The oldest parts book I have for the 800 model starts at serial number 1024. I have a build sheet back to 866, and that shows a 4 cylinder mitsi engine. If you have any questions I'll try to help. The earliest 800 I show in the production record is 1982 and it's serial number 803. I assume 01 and 02 were probably prototypes.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
That's about all they know I'm sure. I worked for Morooka USA for a few years, before the current distributor took over. The oldest parts book I have for the 800 model starts at serial number 1024. I have a build sheet back to 866, and that shows a 4 cylinder mitsi engine. If you have any questions I'll try to help. The earliest 800 I show in the production record is 1982 and it's serial number 803. I assume 01 and 02 were probably prototypes.

Was about to say #845 was an early machine, but you beat me to it with the details. No doubt an interesting machine. Pics would be nice. :cool:

holeworx

274484131.jpg274484162.jpg274484296.jpg

hope that worked.couple of mods it has is the fuel & oil tanks are behind the cab as the aux engine was on the right side.it also has controls ,gauges ,start button & park brake on the roof .I just picked up a jap truck knee action hoist unit I plan to use on a tipper unit