• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Morooka MST800 final drive parts book

lantraxco

Seal

They're flat, just like the picture you posted there. The floating half is just one side of the duo-cone setup, the collar is just a ring with a square cross section. I'll try to get some pics up later.

Hey ATCO... I do appreciate the referrals, but I'm just about out of business here, due to the slow economy. Looking for a job driving truck or welding, might even have to go back to turning wrenches! :pointhead

Oh, and no, parts ain't all that available for the new machines, it's just that you hardly ever need any.. they rarely break down, unless they're in a rental fleet! LOL

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Hey ATCO... I do appreciate the referrals, but I'm just about out of business here, due to the slow economy.

Sad to hear that Don, you have been a great supplier, but I'll continue to refer you until your phone is disconnected. I feel your pain bro, if we had to depend on equipment sales right now, we would be out of business. Attachments is the only thing keeping us going. :yup

darinray

Charter Member
Occupation
Owner-Equipment & Parts Sales
What oil is suppose to be in the planetary gears on the final drive? I got teh specs from Morooka and they don't have it listed. :(

Darin

darinray

Charter Member
Occupation
Good deal. That is what we put in it. :) Thanks for your help.

Darin

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
How's your drive pumps doing? Those things are bad about leaking oil at the control shafts of the pumps. Simple to repair. Oh, and the little control arms on the control shafts like to get loose.

When you gonna send a pic of the 800? :D

darinray

Charter Member
Occupation
How's your drive pumps doing? Those things are bad about leaking oil at the control shafts of the pumps. Simple to repair. Oh, and the little control arms on the control shafts like to get loose.

When you gonna send a pic of the 800? :D

This pic is terrible. I had to get this pic at dark because the next day we were to get 2' of snow and we did. I have to take better ones though because nobody is jumping on buying it yet. :)

This unit is a nice dry unit and did have to fix the control arm linkage. :) No she just needs soem batteries and then no problems. :)

I have a MST500 coming this week that needs a track. Got one laying around? :)

Did you happen to see my other post begging for info on teh injection pump off a Kubota KX91-2? Just checking!

Darin

Attachments

• DSC05825.jpg
    DSC05825.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 856
  • DSC05827.jpg
    DSC05827.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 785

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Nice looking unit. ;)

I haven't even been around an MST-500 yet. Smallest I've worked on is a 600VD. Call Eric at Multi Machine in New Jersey for a track.

darinray

Charter Member
Occupation
Sounds like you work on a lot newer ones that I get in. :) Thanks again for your replies.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Sounds like you work on a lot newer ones that I get in. :) Thanks again for your replies.

lol...naw, that MST-600VD was the newest one I've worked on. Worked on a plenty just like yours. Don Lanway knows more about them than I do. He used to work for Morooka USA.

darinray

Charter Member
Occupation
Shoot by the sounds of it you work on or have worked on a lot of different units. I do like the Morooka dumpers but get scared everythign I buy one just because what COULD be wrong with them. :) Yeah Don has been very helpful too and I do wish I knew as much as you guys have forgot. Great info here thats for sure.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Yep, I've worked on a few of them. I expect to see an MST-2200 offloaded when I get to work tomorrow. We sold that little MST-600VD to an outfit that manages a very very large expanse of mountain terrain that has 4 wheeler trails all over it. They broke a track on it...half way up the side of a mountain on one of those dirt trails. Called me out there to install a new track. LoL...that was a project. :Banghead

darinray

Charter Member
Occupation
Those dang tracks are bears to move around. :) But of course you know that. :) I can't image doing track work in the field and not on the concrete. Bravo.

Dang that MST2200 is a bigin. :)

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
LoL...I decided to "mess with the boss" on that project. I had my truck driver/helper snap a pic of me and send it to the bosses email. He inserted the text "can't get nothing done out here...". The boss called truck driver/helper late in the day on his cell phone as we were rolling out and told us to stop by the bookeeper. He said "ok...why?". Boss said..."to pick up your checks...your both fired!" To which we got a good laugh. :D

Easy Job.jpg

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Funny thing about the outfit that bought this machine; a couple of months ago, they brought the machine to our shop with the left drive hub seal leaking. I took it apart, it was just a worn out seal. Called about new seal, had to order from Japan, would be a couple weeks. They needed the machine and asked if I could put it back together so they could use it until seals arrived. Sure...I can do that. Do you want to do the seal on the other side? No. Are you sure? It's probably no better than this one, it will be leaking soon. No, just the left side. Okaaayyyy. Well, the phone rang last week. Right side leaking. :D

darinray

Charter Member
Occupation
How many hrs were on the machien when the seal started leaking? That woudl be my luck.. don't fix the other side and then have it leak right after. :)

Darin

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Ahhhh, can't remember the hours. My logic was like the tires on your vehicle. If the left front is worn out, chances are the right front don't look much different. As you know yourself, a cone seal is a durable and long wearing seal. Yeah, abraisive material will wear them quicker. Point is, cone seals don't wear out in a day, takes time. So, if one side is leaking from being worn out, the opposite side can't be much different. Unless someone has recently replaced it.