• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

more pics of equipment stuck!

Lexy

Occupation
Freelance Photographer (For Hire!)
I bet somebody had a lot of explaining to do about why they did not make the road wider and mores stable. Looks like they didn't think it through all the way. That machine is around 4,000 tons or so if I remember right. Takes a pretty good road to hold it all up.

Well, there are alot of "Conspiracy Theories" still floating around the county about it. I won't go into it, but it was a horrible mess. Thankfully nobody was hurt in this. It happened back around 1984 in my hometown in Muhlenberg County, Kentucky. Right outside of Central City, Kentucky.

The shovel was a hard worker for Gibraltar Surface Mine and Peabody got alot of good time out of it. This is something during the age of giant power shovels that you think will NEVER happen and lo-and-behold it did. I remember my dad driving me past it after it happened, and I remember being so scared to see it. It made me happy to see the Marion 5960 over at my dad's mine (River Queen Surface Mine) still standing upright and digging away like a real worker should be!!

upbrakie

Here's a shot I took of a Cat 14H Grader that got stuck in a soft spot on an access road to a new construction highway bridge. Ames Construction was the contractor. This happened about 2 years ago. I stopped along side the poor fella and he kinda shrugged his shoulders, I reached for a camera to take the shot and he started laughing! As we pulled away we can see an excavator coming to the rescue.

Attachments

• 2008-01-03OttawaKSCatStuck.jpg
    2008-01-03OttawaKSCatStuck.jpg
    265.3 KB · Views: 7,127
  • 2008-01-03OttawaKSCatStuck (1).jpg
    2008-01-03OttawaKSCatStuck (1).jpg
    294.7 KB · Views: 6,595

plantman.uk

Occupation
excavator operator
look at the picture of the komatsu 65 and the volvo.....how is he gonna pull that outta there with his bucket on the blade and all that ****e around the 65s tracks?

BarnStarFarm

@ Monster Truck- you, sir, are a story-tellin' man! We are all still giggling and we got thru the post 1/2 hour ago. Thank you!

@Lexy- that's just... sad.

Dusty Roads

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Just Following Orders

I told the superintendent it wouldn't go anywhere like he thought it would,he was under the impression that because it was an rough terrain it would make it ...This is the result!! :Banghead

Attachments

• DSCF0229.jpg
    DSCF0229.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 4,710
  • DSCF0232.jpg
    DSCF0232.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 4,752
  • DSCF0231.jpg
    DSCF0231.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 4,808

2stickbill

Occupation
Sniffin diesel fumes.
I told the superintendent it wouldn't go anywhere like he thought it would,he was under the impression that because it was an rough terrain it would make it ...This is the result!! :Banghead

It is a rough terrain not wet boggy terrain.:D

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
Some mothers do have 'em.............

Autocar

Man A Live ! Looks to me like a fellow would just about shoot the fellow that got some of them in that mess. :)

Dusty Roads

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
hehehe:D Don't blame me I told him there was no way I was gonna make it to where he wanted but he said "hey it's 4 wheel drive I think you can do it":beatsme Course he was one that thought the harder you slammed the bucket on the excavator the deeper it would go in the rocky ditch,got a routine going where you had the excavator rocking and slam the bucket as hard as possible and he would just give a big grin and thumbs up:eek: A great guy to work for but hell on equipment!!

Last edited:

marty

here is a few for yas

same loader, same operator same day, drove into where the spreader got bogged and then drove into a levee bank after 30mm of rain the day before

Attachments

• DSC00445.jpg
    DSC00445.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 4,527
  • DSC00491.jpg
    DSC00491.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 4,518

xcavator120

Occupation
Equipment Operator
A ripper for a loader never thought of that combo before.
Ditto, that's a new one. I know it wouldn't work on our old L90c. That thing is so power-less, trying to drag the rippers through dry sand would stall it.. :D

marty

Ditto, that's a new one. I know it wouldn't work on our old L90c. That thing is so power-less, trying to drag the rippers through dry sand would stall it.. :D

that 90B used to pull 3 rippers up to the hilt very well, and as i said, in gravel, the only time it pulled up was when it was getting hot, 1st gear bout half revs and it would pull through anything