• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

more pics of equipment stuck!

diggerop

Occupation
Plant operator, coal mining/ 25 years
Well, it's not going anywhere:eek:
474 komatsu, parked in the wrong place!!!

Attachments

• Picture 6.jpg
    Picture 6.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 5,952

mudmaker

That looks like one of those puzzle type pictures. Can you see what is in the pic??LOL! Looks like a mess though.

insleyboy

Occupation
Operator 25 years, was laborer for 7 years
Like poetry Osgood....well said, now get back in goal for the Red Wings.....LOL

Osgood

Football with backhoes in goal and wheel loaders up front? OK!

That 474 Komatsu must have frightened the fossil hunter too - he was only looking for coal swamp ferns!!

I really wish I'd kept an advert about 16 years back from the UK Plant Resale magazine, it had an ad along the ines of -

For Sale - Vintage Euclid R15 Rear Dump, been kept under cover for 16 years. Then there was a photo of an opencast coal mine waste heap which had been dug to reveal this buried dumper!!

Hey, 3 posts - can I post pics now?

diggerop

Occupation
Plant operator, coal mining/ 25 years
474 komatsu said:
He parked beside a spoil heap or lowall in the middle of the night to have a sleep during his break and it came down on him, he was still in it and exited through the window when it all settled down. That was the second 475 in Australia, new in the middle 80's and that would have happened in the early 90's.

What would the fossil hunters make of the fossil inside the fossil?, they'd have to conclude that it was a predator and didn't go into the swamp to graze.:confused: :D :)

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
.... to have a sleep during his break and it came down on him, he was still in it and exited through the window when it all settled down.

Man that must have been the last time he ever parked up for a kip on shift, break or not that must have been very frightening.

There was a picture a month or so ago in Earthmovers of a very big rigid frame dumptruck in a very similar situation minus the operator as it was parked. Somebody had altered the radius of the radial stacker but not checked the discharge area. Apparently there was another truck parked the other side of the one that could be half seen :rolleyes:

mike 360*

i was back to our large site today, been installing a bio disc for a campsite, but first day back, and our dozer driver got bogged 3 times!

the 1st photo is from a work collegues phone, i was the other end of site at the time. Next 3 are from my phone, which came out good! We are capping off a apple waste dam from and cider factory, and trying to form a bund over it with subsoil, its working and hiding the waste rotten apples, but occasionly we find a wet spot!

Easily pulled him out with my bucket to his blade, he wont cal or ring me to ask for a pull, maybe to embarassed! the last time i was re fueling towards the end of the day, and turned round and he was down again, in the same spot!

Attachments

• Image020.jpg
    Image020.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 5,358
  • Photo-0044.jpg
    Photo-0044.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 5,373
  • Photo-0045_1.jpg
    Photo-0045_1.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 5,375
  • Photo-0046_1.jpg
    Photo-0046_1.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 5,383
  • Photo-0047_1.jpg
    Photo-0047_1.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 5,360

BigIron25

You guys seem to be a little gun shy! LoL I've seen that pic before. Theres some from further out and its a real truck.

I agree, up close it looks like a toy truck, but from a picture with a further view i noticed the boulders had not in fact been moved but were there because of a landslide, and you can see the bouy attached to the truck, possibly for a faster find when recovery takes place? it definately looks real in those second set of pics.

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
I have one finely. Its not that I don't get stuck just normally its a swamp and I don't want to get muddy. I may have been able to get out, but I wasn't going to risk the drivetrain or sticking it even more.

Attachments

• CIMG2234.jpg
    CIMG2234.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 7,302

EZ TRBO

Occupation
Aggregate Utility, Maintence Welder
I have one finely. Its not that I don't get stuck just normally its a swamp and I don't want to get muddy. I may have been able to get out, but I wasn't going to risk the drivetrain or sticking it even more.

Getting stuck happens somtimes and as long as its not from doing somthing you KNOW you shouldn't do its really not a big deal. Hats off to you as far as knowing enough is enough and swallowing your pride and just taking another machine to pull you out without damaging anything. Alot of guys think they HAVE to get it out on their own but might tear up somthing in the process.

Trbo

JonesBros

Occupation
Operator/Mechanic/Truck Driver/Fabricator
Might as well show my latest and greatest from today

I never liked pulling ditches in tall grass, simply because you can't see what your running into until its to damn late. I traditionally like to sit up on the front slope and run the blade down to cut the front slope and bottom and some back slope w/ the blade. I already got 1/2 way stuck right before this but luckily came out. So I figured while I was cleaning up the ditch I just got stuck in i'd try pulling some more ahead while already sitting on the shoulder w/ the blade just trying to straighten the ditch. Anyway I found me a cross pipe today the hard way, well it pulled me down into this bottomless pit it seemed. Had to get the tank retriever and pull me out since a dump truck wouldn't do it. Enjoy!

Attachments

• stuck1.jpg
    stuck1.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 5,392
  • stuck2.jpg
    stuck2.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 5,374

buddy605

Occupation
Engineering tech/ survey
Good one Jones, like my dad always says, " If you are going to f up f up big and go home."

JonesBros

Occupation
No pics of the tank retriever?:(

I know.. i wanted to get a video of it. It was a real sweet operation. It was identical to this one but a giant extendable arm/crane w/ one helluva snatch block and winch. He just used the winch to get me out.
http://www.armyjeeps.net/Birmingham/31.jpg

He backed up to me, hooked this giant hook attatched to a 1/2" or 5/8" chain onto my front push block hook, then pulled ahead till it was almost tight. Put these two ramps down w/ spikes in them on the back side behind his rear tires w/ 1/2" chain connecting them to the body. Then he proceeded to winch me out. Once the cable got tight the grader wouldn't budge and started pulling him backwards untill them chains got tight on the ramps and them spikes dug in..boy then it was on! Winched me right on out while I left the machine in gear w/ very little throttle. Awesome setup..but prob a 300 service call :Banghead But..whaddya do when its 3:45 and you get off work at 4:30 and nothing you have on hand will pull it out :pointhead

JonesBros

Occupation
No pics of the tank retriever?:(

by popular demand :cool:

Had to call him again today (been really wet around here and its hard to do any work) So rather than drive 25 minutes and stop everything from the hourly pay and go the shop, load another machine, chain down, drive to the pit, unchain & unload, then risk breaking chains.. we just called him again. This is what happens when an operator listens to a person of a higher authority who doesn't work for the company and doesn't have to foot the bill. I don't have any pics of him stuck at the moment but i've got one action pic and 3 of the tank retriever. The operator was pushing dirt down the hill to close out the pit permanently and the sup. said to go to the bottom and that's what he did, sluffed off and got stuck.

Attachments

• dozer.jpg
    dozer.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 5,203
  • tr1.jpg
    tr1.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 5,187
  • tr2.jpg
    tr2.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 5,185
  • tr3.jpg
    tr3.jpg