• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

more pics of equipment stuck!

dayexco

took a 330 kobelco, 300 komatsu, 210 kobelco to get out, he gave local volunteer fire dept. donation to bring fire truck out and blow mud off it before he moved it off that site.

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo

dayexco

how would you like to be rick?

bet he caught some grief over this one

Attachments

• cj_67168.jpg
    cj_67168.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 11,972

Wulf

Hi Jerry,

All of the dozers went back to work eventually. The D7R's cost about 400,000 each to get rebuilt. They are full of electrical gremlins now...surprise surprise. The D155 was also rebuilt and put back to work, however I am not at that mine and never heard how much it cost.

Brian

I saw a new Chinese D7 copy (hi-drive n'all) that was about $300,000 brand new. You guys would be better running those and just burying them LOL...

alco

I saw an ad for those a while back too. I was actually wondering how much would be interchangeable between the Cat and the Chinese machines. Would sure save us the hassle of digging them out eh?

Where in Canada are you from Wulf?

Brian

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Chinese Cat Copies

I was in China a little over a year ago at a very large trade show and had the opportunity to look at a D7 copy. Poor quality workmanship really doesn't even describe that junk. The welds and fabricating were horrible. I doubt the machine would last 500 hours.

Wulf

I was in China a little over a year ago at a very large trade show and had the opportunity to look at a D7 copy. Poor quality workmanship really doesn't even describe that junk. The welds and fabricating were horrible. I doubt the machine would last 500 hours.

LOL... I was told that they were built 'in cooperation with Caterpillar'. I know what you mean though about the rough fabrication and welding. I thought the carrier roller pedestals were going to fall off just looking at them, also the track links looked like they weren't SALT.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
LOL... I was told that they were built 'in cooperation with Caterpillar'. I know what you mean though about the rough fabrication and welding. I thought the carrier roller pedestals were going to fall off just looking at them, also the track links looked like they weren't SALT.

The one that I saw, and I don't remember the actual company name, was just a cheap copy. I don't believe Cat had ANY thing to do with this. China has no copyright rules and everything and I mean everything is fake. Fake marlboro lights, coca-cola - pretty much if it is an american product it is fake.

This trade show I went to had everything from kitchen sinks, TV's to lawn equipment and this one Copy Cat I saw. It was not an equipment show specifically. I will see if I can find my pictures of it.

There was also a car company called "Great Wall" that basically were making toyota car and truck copies they were just 7/8 size of the real thing. Couldn't fit in the drivers seat.LOL

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Hey spill the beans on this one.

dirtworksequip

You just had to ask!!!

Well.............Now I'm going to have to tell the whole story.lol
It was the 4th of July 1992. A friend just out the road from me had hired a local contractor to clear a ravine behind his house. The contactor showed up with a Cat 953. The operator made two passes with clearing a few trees and some brush. On the second pass he wasn't able to back up out of the ravine. He went that little extra too far. So,they ended up bringing in their Cat D7 to get him back up out of the ravine. That was it for them. They loaded up both machines and left.

So, my neighbor friend ask if I'd like to clear it for him. I told him I'd do it on July 4th weekend. Anyway I moved my Cat 935C over to his place and started to do the clearing. Once I worked my way down into the bottom of the ravine I put in some old 6 inch waterline to carry the small trickle of water that was there and covered the pipe with about a foot and a half of dirt. Now I had a place to work and shouldn't have to worry about getting stuck because it was wet.

Everthing was going well, other than a couple of Popular tree stumps that he had previously cut off flush with the ground. NO FUN, as I'm sure you know.
Most of the big stumps where done and I still had the clean up to do.
In order to clean up the trees and stumps I had to shove across the hill to make my burn piles. Anyway somehow I ended up below the old waterline I had installed for temporary drainage. The harder I tried to get back up out of the creek the deeper I sank.

Luckily I still had my old Cat 941B that was up for sale. I called a good friend of mine that has a small excavating company and explained the situation to him and he said he would go over to my place and move the old 941 over and we could use it to pull out the 935. Well we tried everything. We were afraid to take the 941 down into the ravine,because we figured both machines would end up being stuck. He had enough chain to reach the 935,but the 941 just could not get enough traction to pull out the 935. We tried and tried. It just wouldn't budge. By now its starting to get dark and the 935 is so buried that 2 more inches and there will be water running into the fuel tank. Plus it was calling for rain later that night. Sh**! What am I going to do? OK, I said lets try this. So I hooked up a chain on each side onto the shoe pad at the bottom as close to the ground as possible. The 3/8ths grab hooks just fit. Now I took out all the slack from the chains running from the 941 to the 935. Got back on the 935, put it in forward gear and slowly gave it some throttle. LO and BEHOLD! It walked right out on those chains as the track moved rearward it pulled just like a winch. The only thing I said was. "We should have tried that 8 hours ago! Geez, what an ordeal. I think I spent more time dropping the belly pan and cleaning the machine up than I was on the job. Needless to say I didn't make anything on that one,but I did learn a great way to get unstuck. I've used this method more times than I would like to recall to get myself unstuck. Most of those times I was able to tie off on a tree at the base and only use a chain on one track to get out. It works,but its still not easy work. Sorry to be sooooooooo long winded,but it raining here today, so I thought it would be a good time to tell a story and maybe teach someone else a method of getting up stuck when you are by yourself and there are no other machines to pull you out.
Sincerely,Dirt

Tigerotor77W

Occupation
Engineer
There was also a car company called "Great Wall" that basically were making toyota car and truck copies they were just 7/8 size of the real thing. Couldn't fit in the drivers seat.LOL

That's probably because Asians are shorter. :(

But it's good, because we fit in doorways and caves that big, burly white men would conk their heads on. :D

PSDF350

It's funny how easy it is to get unstuck. When you find that just right way. But it is never the first thing you try.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
That's probably because Asians are shorter. :(

But it's good, because we fit in doorways and caves that big, burly white men would conk their heads on. :D

You just learn to duck your head.:bouncegri

MKTEF

Occupation
Production manager
Komatsu D65 stuck.

Here is som pictures of our Komatsu D65 stuck.
It's from the period when we built the new camp in North-Afghanistan, it is located on a big flat area of clay.
It started to snow/rain for some days.
A local trucker drove over the area and got stuck. He just stod there for 3 days, doing showeling by hand in a atempt to get loose.

One day he contacted me when i passed by, asking for help.
Well the doser is a nice piece of equipment for this job, so i asked the operator to take a short tripp over to pull him loose. Shouldn't take more than ten minutes:D

Our operater drove over and started pulling, no problem, he got loose but the doser fell down in a hole. He had to press the blade down to awoid clay in the cooling fan.
The truck moved easily away, but then we got problems.:mad:

Well the L180E and a 30 fot chain solved the problem.
They told us later that a truck had been stuck at the same point as the doser, creating a deep hole with floating clay that you couldn't see on the surface.:p

Attachments

• fast2.jpg
    fast2.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 11,926
  • fast1.jpg
    fast1.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 11,907
  • fast3.jpg
    fast3.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 12,105