• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Mining Gear Pics

alco

I have thousands of pictures, but most are not my own and I won't post them without permission.

Here are a couple of mine though

Brian

Attachments

• 2007_01110006r.jpg
    2007_01110006r.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 3,578
  • Syncrude 495HF  11-91 012r.jpg
    Syncrude 495HF 11-91 012r.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 4,057
  • Base Mine Pics 010r.jpg
    Base Mine Pics 010r.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 3,584

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Good pics Alco. :thumbsup

That 793 sure is shiney.

06bowtie_guy

Just amazing pics. Question for those who work on or run the haulage trucks. Do they all come with scale systems or is that optional??

At work we have a AD-45 cat underground truck and it has a scale system that can log tonnage. Just wondering if the surface guys do the same???

Lashlander

Very nice pics! :thumbsup I like that Bucyrus shovel. It looks pretty new. I didn't know they still made them. We have an old Bucyrus Erie crane. Its an early 50s model. Still runs like a top though.

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Just amazing pics. Question for those who work on or run the haulage trucks. Do they all come with scale systems or is that optional??

At work we have a AD-45 cat underground truck and it has a scale system that can log tonnage. Just wondering if the surface guys do the same???

At our quarry, the loaders have the scales. That makes only 3 sets of scales instead of 14. Those scales are only used when the trucks are loading railcars. When the loaders and trucks are running production in the pit, the conveyor belt has scales to keep up with the tonnage. The trucks dump into the crusher, the rock falls onto the belt and the scales log the tonnage.

I'm sure there are several other ways to do it but thats what we use.

Wulf

I have thousands of pictures, but most are not my own and I won't post them without permission.

Here are a couple of mine though

Brian

I took the 797 and the D475A-5 picture myself too. However I think in the oilsands you now have to have high level permission and a pass to carry a camera.

Blademan

Charter Member
Occupation
Operating Engineer
I took the 797 and the D475A-5 picture myself too. However I think in the oilsands you now have to have high level permission and a pass to carry a camera.

I've heard the same , but don't really know . I'm pretty sure cell phones are a big no-no too . We have a few members here who work on the Sands . Care to comment ?

I DO know that if you are up in Fort Mac doing any environmental samplings or studies , you are required to sign many forms/contracts stating that you cannot talk/write or use any other form of communication to anyone other then your supervisor . The big ( HUGE ) conglomerates near Ft. Mac. have pretty much sealed out and totally control everything related to pollution or hazardous wastes north of Edmonton , especially all the media .

Anyway , didn't mean to go off on a tangent . I'm digging ( :D ) the photos . Keep them coming . :notworthy

PSDF350

I've heard the same , but don't really know . I'm pretty sure cell phones are a big no-no too . We have a few members here who work on the Sands . Care to comment ?

I DO know that if you are up in Fort Mac doing any environmental samplings or studies , you are required to sign many forms/contracts stating that you cannot talk/write or use any other form of communication to anyone other then your supervisor . The big ( HUGE ) conglomerates near Ft. Mac. have pretty much sealed out and totally control everything related to pollution or hazardous wastes north of Edmonton , especially all the media .

Anyway , didn't mean to go off on a tangent . I'm digging ( :D ) the photos . Keep them coming . :notworthy

WOW canada must really like the $$$$$$$$$$ comming out of there. Because that would never fly here. Sounds like they can do as they wish.

alco

Is that Komatsu stuck? (Front tires look stationary, is all.)

Yep, it was too muddy for the truck to pull away after it dumped.

As for a camera pass, around the plants you have to have a pass and clear all pictures through public affairs before you post them. In certain mines, if you get the ok from the shift leader, you can bring a camera onsite and snap pictures as long as it is not of a sensitive subject and shows no safety issues. To publish any of them you are supposed to clear it through public affairs.

Believe me, they are far from having total control of the media when it comes to pollution or hazardous waste issues. The media has a great nose for when something big happens and is always there to cover it.

Brian

alco

Here are a few more pictures.

Brian

Attachments

• Aurora Mine Pics 054r.jpg
    Aurora Mine Pics 054r.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 3,397
  • Aurora Mine Pics 060 resized.jpg
    Aurora Mine Pics 060 resized.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 3,863
  • 2006_07240070r.jpg
    2006_07240070r.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 3,376

alco

Attachments

• Base Mine Pics 011 resize.jpg
    Base Mine Pics 011 resize.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 3,394
  • Base Mine Pics 012r.jpg
    Base Mine Pics 012r.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 3,382

Tommjr

How to download?

I have pic's of that bucket wheel excavator in Germany scooping up a D6 in it's wheel.

I don't know how to get it from my E-mail to this site. Can I e-mail it to someone and have you do it?

It is very cool to see a 45,000lb Dozer scooped up like a stone!:D

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
I have pic's of that bucket wheel excavator in Germany scooping up a D6 in it's wheel.

I don't know how to get it from my E-mail to this site. Can I e-mail it to someone and have you do it?

It is very cool to see a 45,000lb Dozer scooped up like a stone!:D

Tomm, its already been posted here at least once...I don't know how to find it but its here