• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Mining Gear Pics

thorleif

Most excellent pictures Brian. It's just a shame they don't offer guided tours into the oil sands like they do in some other mines:( . I've seen that there's a visitors centre/center but I'd much prefer to get up "close" to the action. But then I'd also like to be able to take lots(just some even!) of film and photos but judging by the previous posts it seems that I'd need to be parachuted in to get anywhere near the place......:( :D .

Also, is anybody else planning to get the Brami MT4400ac model(due out in July) ?. Brami have told me(just from a standard email reply) that it will have the actual dump body you see in the photo picture so for me it will be nice to have a different style of mining truck/dump body for my collection and that they are planning to release some pictures a couple of days before Bauma, so we might see something in about two weeks time!.
mt4400ac.jpg

Last edited:

traxs

Occupation
Machinery Operator
RH200(brand new, during assembly), 830Es and 5130 on towhaul(ouch).

P6260049.jpg

RH200
P6260052.jpg

RH200
P1000565.jpg

RH200
P1000572.jpg

RH200
P6160027.jpg

LeTourneau loading 830E
5130ontowhaul.jpg

5130 on towhaul
Rear.jpg

830E
P3210010.jpg

830E
DSCN1685.jpg

A40D

Last edited:

alco

Thorleif,

They do in fact offer guided tours of the mines, and you are allowed to bring cameras. Unfortunately, you don't get quite as close to the big stuff as you do on some of the tours at other mines.

Traxs,

I like the pictures of the RH200. If I am not mistaken, that is the unit they flew into Diavik. Have you seen the rest of the pictures of the fly in and assembly? If not, let me know.

Brian

traxs

Occupation
Machinery Operator
Thorleif,

They do in fact offer guided tours of the mines, and you are allowed to bring cameras. Unfortunately, you don't get quite as close to the big stuff as you do on some of the tours at other mines.

Traxs,

I like the pictures of the RH200. If I am not mistaken, that is the unit they flew into Diavik. Have you seen the rest of the pictures of the fly in and assembly? If not, let me know.

Brian

yeah, I was there all along, I worked in the maint. shop in the back. I have at least 100 pics and a few vids of it being built and when the parts arrived.

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
:D I'll post some more then!!! just gimme a few mins....

Could I ask a favor........could you post the actual picture instead of a photobucket link. I only have my work computer to work with and the boss man don't let me click photobucket links. :D

I know, I know.......I'm cheap huh. :cool:

Wulf

Those Duratray bodies look nice... Australian if I'm not mistaken?

Attachments

• P3131569 (Small).JPG
    P3131569 (Small).JPG
    33 KB · Views: 3,285
Last edited:

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
:eek: Man, thats a big honkin bed. What do they go on?

Cat Dr.

Occupation
Diesel Fitter
hey guys,
heres a couple more truck pics, one of a 793D and one of a 797B and 793D from the rear

still hunting for more....... am on holidays will post more when I get back!

cheers! :drinkup

Attachments

• 797 & 793 rear.jpg
    797 & 793 rear.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 3,253
  • 793d.jpg
    793d.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 3,177

thorleif

@ Brian, oh, I see, I didn't know that. Hmmm, to be honest it just depends on how close you do get to make it worth my while going(I live a long, long way away). I wonder, are we talking half mile distance viewing or standing "nearby" distance?.

@trax, excellent pictures, thanks for posting:) .

@ can anybody tell me how get a picture to upload on here?. I know how to copy and paste and do it but couldn't get it to work on here:( .

thorleif

Let's see if this works..........Cheers Squizzy!!. Oh, by the way does anybody know where the mine and truck in the picture are, and where I might find some more pictures of the truck?. I notice theres a #67 beneath the light bracket and on the side of the dump body if this might serve as a clue?.

Attachments

• mt4400ac.jpg
    mt4400ac.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 3,615
Last edited: