• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Michigan 175B

oldseabee

Occupation
Retired
Good luck Alex as you take this giant step into the great unknown. I worked for Clark for 24 years both in engineering and field service and do have some technical info, component manuals and such, more than happy to help if I can.

FarmerAlex

Occupation
Engineer (AT UNI), Heavy equipment owner/ operator
Well the GF thinks i'm nuts, as do all my friends. I have every body part crossed now that it will turn out ok, i have picked up a small demo job, have to push down a weather board shed, and break up some concrete. Just can't wait to just punch straight through the wall :D :D :D

I have got onto a tip trailer, so that will be hauled behind my big tractor :D

I know i have spoken previously about buckets, but what size do i need to get??? Can i use a cat bucket??? if so which model??

Cheers again
Alex :D

shooterm

Occupation
Operator
This a a picture of a few 175's we have at the pit. We basically only used them for loading end dumps/side dumps. Heavy use was snow plowing with 3ft bucket extensions on the sides. These have to be my favorite machines as well for power weight reliability. I really wish the new equipment had this level of quality put into it. This picture was taken last day at work last fall right before they sold out to the cunts. I'm half debating having a junkyard of these and making another pusher fleet out of them :). Still have yet to see anyone move more snow then two of these bucket to bucket at 20mph.

Attachments

• rsz_1img00037.jpg
    rsz_1img00037.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 557

shooterm

Occupation
Operator
I could still buy one of our old loaders for 12k but I dont think it will fit in my driveway.

shooterm

Occupation
Operator
175.jpg I found one of my old buddies still in town. It doesnt have the bucket extension on but still a snow beast.

FarmerAlex

Occupation
Engineer (AT UNI), Heavy equipment owner/ operator
Gday fellas, managed to find another Clark Michigan loader, its a 125 i think, not too certain. It has a perkins 6cyl motor in it. I'm thinking that it might be a 6-354, but again i'm not sure.
Does anyone know of a parts supplier in Australia??

Cheers Alex

ruralexmech

I can't say I know of any parts suppliers down there, but that's pretty cool that you found a Michigan with a Perkins engine in it. Perkins makes some of the best diesel engines out there, they're powerful, fuel efficient, and can take almost anything u throw at them!

kent_323is

Occupation
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Did you end up getting the loader and getting it fixed? Fun reading thru the posts and learning info from guys like oldseabee and others.