• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Menzi Walking Excavator - Best Video Ever!

BrianHay

I have been really busy but not in the seat unfortunately. That will be changing soon though, things are starting to really come together for us slowly but surely.

Now that pic size isn't an issue anymore (thanks Steve and all others involved :thumbsup:thumbsup )I can post a few of the best from that Hazco project for you guys :D As I mentioned before the operator wearing orange is not me. He is a supervisor with Hazco that used to be a Spyder Hoe operator in Switzerland. I let him have a go at our machine and got some great pics :D

Attachments

• Spider Hoe (3).jpg
    Spider Hoe (3).jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 820
  • Spider Hoe (6).jpg
    Spider Hoe (6).jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 820
  • Spider Hoe (13).jpg
    Spider Hoe (13).jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 809
  • Spider Hoe (16).jpg
    Spider Hoe (16).jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 814
  • Spider Hoe (18).jpg
    Spider Hoe (18).jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 820

BrianHay

I love the shots I got near the buildings, they really show how steep it is.

Attachments

• Spyder Hoe (26).jpg
    Spyder Hoe (26).jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 793
  • Spider Hoe (20).jpg
    Spider Hoe (20).jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 809
  • Spider Hoe (19).jpg
    Spider Hoe (19).jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 806
  • Spyder Hoe (27).jpg
    Spyder Hoe (27).jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 822
  • Spider Hoe (7).jpg
    Spider Hoe (7).jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 827

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
pics

Hi Brian, sorry to read about your truck getting pinched. :Banghead
A set back that you could easily do without, but I am sure you will not let it beat you. Very frustrating though, I know ! :mad:
Good to hear things are coming together, keep us posted with progress and pics :thumbsup
That toy makes me smile every time I see it :notworthy

Construct'O

Occupation
Dozerwork,tiling plus many more!!!!!!!
Great pictures as usual :notworthy:cool2!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing.Good luck:usa

hottimedancer

Hi foster

How is your bussiness going up there. Are you busy Yet.
I am just wondering if you are doing better then Brian.

sincerly Hottimedancer

Foster

Did not get enough interest in the Menzi this spring, so had to go with the sure money and get back into hauling a tanker, good money and home every night. I will spend the year promoting the Menzi and try again next spring.

Attachments

• NEW 020 (Small).jpg
    NEW 020 (Small).jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 670
  • NEW 022 (Small).jpg
    NEW 022 (Small).jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 678

hottimedancer

Foster Nice looking Truck

Hi Foster

Thank You for the Reply. I know I am being inpolite buy asking you this, But if you decide to stay on the Road and you want to sell or rent your machine. I would be very intrested in Buying it from you. I do live in Idaho. In the Moutains. Of what I can see it is in great shape. My Business Phone number is 208-309-2525. Or my email is winn_weaver@hotmail.com or Just leave a message. I sorry for my great spelling. I wish you the Best in Life and Business. Sincerly winn weaver

BrianHay

Never give up Foster....I had a really hard time getting started and more tuff times are ahead yet I'm sure but keep at it and it will come together.

Hi Winn, if your looking for one I can put you in contact with the right people. I keep in contact with several contractors in the U.S and Canada that have them as well as 3 dealers, two in the U.S and one in Canada.

Foster

Thanks for the offer Winn, no offense taken. Bought my first truck in 1977 and I have had enough of the road, but it is what they pay me to do. Took me three an a half years to find my Menzi. not quite ready to sell but I will keep you in mind if the time comes.

hottimedancer

Thank You for the offer

Thank You Brain for the offer. I still wish you the best of luck and I very much enjoyed your story. I would buy if the right machine came along, but I am in no hurry. Thanks winn

hottimedancer

Foster No problem

No problem please do keep me in mind. I understand completely. It takes a long time to find what you are looking for. Every time I hurry I get screwed. Best of luck. Sincerly winn

bear

Occupation
Math, Physics, keeping out of trouble and doing od
New Bucket?

Has the new bucket arrived yet? I'm looking forward to hearing about it and seeing what it looks like on your spyder-hoe:D

BrianHay

Not yet Bear, estimated shipping date is June 20. I have a great project for it when it arrives, another rock wall. The last one I did was with 2-3 foot rock and wasn't to hard to do with my cleanup bucket. But the next one is 3-4 foot granite rocks :eek: so I'm waiting for the PowerGrip to takle that one. Should make for some great pictures.

bear

Occupation
Ok

Thanks for the update Brian. That's an awesome machine you have there and I can't wait to see the new bucket. Have fun! :D

bear

Occupation
That is a very interesting excavator design. I've never seen anything like it before.

I know what you mean. The thing looks to be an awesome way of getting into and out of some rough jobs. I ever take the plunge I may get one, lots of work could be done around here for sure.

BrianHay

Only a few days left and the new bucket should be on its way :bouncegri

For those that have been asking me where to find. I know where there are two right now for a great price. A 93 and a 95 TurboStar for 75k each.....wish I was ready to buy our next machine because I would not hesitate to scoop em up.

Foster

I started this landscape project in my back yard last spring, so far all I have into it is time and fuel.

Attachments

• Menzi Pictures 003 (Small).jpg
    Menzi Pictures 003 (Small).jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 823
  • new parts 004 (Small).jpg
    new parts 004 (Small).jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 848
  • new parts 012 (Small).jpg
    new parts 012 (Small).jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 819
  • new parts 024 (Small).jpg
    new parts 024 (Small).jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 831
  • NEW 009 (Small).jpg
    NEW 009 (Small).jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 826

Foster

A few more pics, nearing the end of the project.

Attachments

• NEW 040 (Small).jpg
    NEW 040 (Small).jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 822
  • NEW 013 (Small).jpg
    NEW 013 (Small).jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 826
  • NEW 044 (Small).jpg
    NEW 044 (Small).jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 799
  • NEW 043 (Small).jpg
    NEW 043 (Small).jpg