• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Menzi Walking Excavator - Best Video Ever!

treemuncher

Occupation
eatin' trees, poopin' chips
During my surfing over the holiday weekend, I came across this video of a Menzi A91 4x4 climbing onto what looks like a shipping container that looks to be 12'-15' tall, a twirl and then a dismount. All of this was done in under 5 minutes. The capabilities of this equipment is somewhat mind-blowing! Gee, I wonder if the operator was wearing his seat belt?

link to this address here: http://www.voelkerequipment.com/menzivideo.html

Even with a dial-up connection, this video is worth the wait! :thumbsup

I own an old Menzo 5000T but now I have my sights set on something a little more advanced when finances allow.

I hope everyone else who views this enjoys it as much as I have.

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Good find Treemuncher and wyldman. :thumbsup

Have to add those to the collection. :yup

wyldman

Charter Member
If you browse around the different categories,there are videos (LOTS of them) on every page.There has to be 30 -40 videos in total.

imjustdave

So are these machiens good at standard stuff I might use a excavator for, Looking to by a 5 ton class mini but these machines seem to have a big advantage when climing or hilly areas, Looking for some advice on where this machine excells and doesn't

CascadeScaper

Occupation
2nd year Operating Engineer Apprentice
There's a lot of steep slope work in my area to be done with a machine like that. A guy I personally knew had two Schaeff HS40's a few years back, those machines were responsible for a lot of his business and he had two 15 ton excavators, dozer, backhoe, couple dump trucks, typical excavation contractor that branched out into some serious specialty work. If the demand was high, and I think it will be in my area even more than it was in the past, I'd buy one in a minute. Nobody has one, you can charge what you want (within reason) and when it really comes down to it, being able to tackle a job nobody else can do is a good feeling. I love a good challenge, life threatening or not. I actually ran one of the Schaeff's as a kid, I must've been 13 or so.

tw_692000

Occupation
heavy equipment opperator /assistant foreman
During my surfing over the holiday weekend, I came across this video of a Menzi A91 4x4 climbing onto what looks like a shipping container that looks to be 12'-15' tall, a twirl and then a dismount. All of this was done in under 5 minutes. The capabilities of this equipment is somewhat mind-blowing! Gee, I wonder if the operator was wearing his seat belt?

link to this address here: http://www.voelkerequipment.com/menzivideo.html

Even with a dial-up connection, this video is worth the wait! :thumbsup

I own an old Menzo 5000T but now I have my sights set on something a little more advanced when finances allow.

I hope everyone else who views this enjoys it as much as I have.
thats a cool i think that might fun to run think they would let us demo one.....lol..:beatsme

BrianHay

I just finished uploading 98 pics from my laptop for you guys :eek: I think you will enjoy them. :D

But first the disclaimer:
These are NOT my own pictures. It's a collection of pictures I got off the net while researching buying my own. If any of the pictures in this collection are yours please let me know and I will remove and/or credit you for them :)

Here is the link

If you look right bellow the Gallery logo you will see some little icons. Click the one on the left and a menu will slide out with a full screen slide show option.

Foster

Nice pics Brian, Have you been able to run your machine yet? How do you like it? Any of pics in there of yours?

BrianHay

I haven't taken delivery of mine yet...should be here really soon though :D

This is it. It's a 96 Kaiser X4M TurboStar :D

If it gets to crazy Mike there is a winch mounted to the undercarriage to tie off with. It will go almost vertical using the winch and will do 60 degrees safely without it.

Attachments

• our spyder 4.jpg
    our spyder 4.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 1,849
  • our spyder 8.jpg
    our spyder 8.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 1,472

dayexco

i know we've discussed this in another forum, but after looking at your pics, i can see "maybe" 1 out of 10 situations in those pics posted that i couldn't do the same thing with my excavator .....you'll definitely be in a niche market.

good luck

BrianHay

Yup you could do it but the job would cost way more then if a I did it because it would take you way longer to do. While your busy trying to get set up and figure out how your going to sit on those slopes...or even get to them I'm well into the job already. I'm half the size of a 200 track machine but have the same power, digging depth and reach. I'm as mobile as a rubber tire back hoe and have 7 more auxiliary hydraulic lines (5 on the stick plus 2 more for the winch). Those lines power a list off attachments a mile long. A few of the more useful ones are (excluding the obvious like hammers and packers)

Mower
Feller Buncher
Mulcher
Drill
Processor Head
Crane Gear
Grapple Bucket
Demolition shears
Swivel and continuous 360 degree rotation of any attachment

I can do anything a conventional machine can and a whole more.
You seem to think it would be a hard machine to find work for, what am I missing here?