• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Memories for us old truckers

crane operator

I saw the first part of the video in the shed, and thought "australia" with the small toyota pickup and the dust. Then he starts to climb in the cab, and I'm thinking "Why is he climbing in the passenger side?". Yep, I'm that dumb.

Its odd seeing everything on the wrong side in the cab pictures. I've never driven a right hand drive, I wonder how long it would take to get used to the shifter being over there. I find that I can't even steer with my right hand, even in my wife's little honda suv. Evidently my brain doesn't work that way anymore.

Nice looking truck- but a trip down the road would have been nicer than just out of the barn and back in again.

Old Doug

I saw the first part of the video in the shed, and thought "australia" with the small toyota pickup and the dust. Then he starts to climb in the cab, and I'm thinking "Why is he climbing in the passenger side?". Yep, I'm that dumb.
My first thought was it was so close to the wall he couldnt get in the drivers side.

Truck Shop

Note the upper licence plate on the left side, It had a place for a tab for any state you had permits for and there was a fuel card that corresponded with the plate that was called a bingo card
with a fuel stamp. And you had to have the tab in the right box because weigh cops would look for it there, if it wasn't in the right box on the plate you got a ration of sh!t for it.

kw_71.jpg

tinnerjohn

I was a "glass guy" from 75 till about 3 years ago when my shoulders and back said NO MORE! Ohio had fuel tax stickers that were glued to the left bottom corner of the windshield. When they started using clear tape so we just needed to cut around the edge and tape it back on we thought we'd gone to heaven. Sometimes I could even reuse the old tape! John