• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Memories for us old truckers

Truck Shop

No stinking 12V149's or other Detroit things. But it did come with on special special order
four 12V71's and two Double Over Drive 15 speeds up against the dash with two 4 speed
auxiliary boxes, all while playing hillbilly music on the tube radio turned up to level 10.

skyking1

The little town of Roslyn Wa. where Northern Exposure was filmed was a old coal mining
town going back 1880's, the grave makers in the Roslyn cemetery have locket type images
of the person buried, ethnic-- the cemetery is segregated.
When I was a lad, Mr Goodlander's brother passed away and was buried in that cemetery. He was a sweet soft spoken old man, and he came to the house with hat in hand, looking for a "driver". He was not comfortable with making that drive, and mom gave him her youngest. I had a learner's permit and I ground the gears and oversteered his '52 Chevy pickup there and back while he sat patiently next to me. Then I sat patiently while he attended the graveside ceremony.