• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Memories for us old truckers

OzDozer

Occupation
Semi-Retired ..
Southern Transport No 2, hauling water pipes for the Millstream-Dampier-Karratha water supply project, in N.W. Western Australia, 1969. NMP.

I think someone snapped this photo while it's in a glass frame, hence the reflections of the cupboard!

The trailer is probably a 38 foot trailer, pretty much standard size for the day. 45 foot and 48 foot trailers rule today.
Oh, and no tri-axles allowed in 1969, they were deemed illegal, because they supposedly damaged the roads. Once again, different story today, 3 and 4 axles rule.

Note the canvas waterbags in carriers on the front bumper. This is HOT country! - and NO A/C!
And the exhaust running out just in front of the rear wheel. Plus, no mudguards on either truck or trailer.
The exhaust location, and no mudguards, would see you ticketed today!

Attachments

• MACK-2.jpg
    MACK-2.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 23

Truck Shop

Volvo/Autocar rebadged as a Chevy---sold in south america.
432924429_122132519336153970_784950596719248712_n.jpg

Truck Shop

You like old Gas pigs---here is a gas pig--I know where one is setting also. Climax V8 built
by Climax Motors of Iowa--IIRC. To give a perspective I stand 6' 1", standing next to this
engine my eyes are level with top of rocker covers. The one I know about powered the
rotary part of the snow plow for Snoqualmie Pass, it was on a Oshkosh. This one ran a
lift on a rail bridge.
Climax1.jpg