• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Memories for us old truckers

Old Doug

The shop the boss built for Penske, didn't make the bays long enough. Can't get a truck and
A train/ or 53' together in a bay and work on both at same time.
View attachment 303508
I wonder if a mechanic would have been there to give his 2 cents on the build? This really hits home with me the place were i have worked and am working part time is a deal . It has grown and expanded and grown some more. They have a building that they call the truck shop its more of a warehouse . It has been built on to several times . One side will hold a truck trailer but its need to store stuff . I think i could have done a better job but i always think that after its done and i can see the problem .

Truck Shop

The MCI model 6-built between 1969 and 1970. 102" wide mainly ran in Canada and both
U.S. coasts. 102" wasn't allowed in lower 48 till 1982, Feds allowed to run coastal areas.
The real kicker about the 6 is the power-the only coaches ever built with 12V71's. In 1977
all 85 that were built were repowered with 8V71T's.
423325818_10226032874950314_5107260626206109879_n.jpg

crane operator

1960 White 5000​

$5,000
Listed 5 weeks ago in Arena, WI

Seller's Description​

Rare white 5000 semi’s Fiberglass cabs. 2020 Cummings engine. 10 speed transmission full screw Hendrickson suspension. 10 for sale 1 is super rare. Buy all 10 for $50k or inquire for individual prices.

Just think, you could corner the marked on old white cabovers, 10 of them for 1 low price

white truck 1.jpgwhite truck 2.jpg

Truck Shop

Those were some real jewels, notorious for leaking water around windshields and roof caps.
Read a story about Whites endeavor with the 5000, seat to steering wheel distance was for a
dwarf, real uncomfortable for a 6' driver. Biggest draw back was---they were ugly. Pretty tough
to find a cowboy dressed in his yoked/pearl snap shirt/booties with chrome tips wanting to
pull a cattle trailer with one of those.
Try to find glass for one.

Truck Shop

One thing to really show how distorted the interior was look at the height of door to bottom
of door glass. You climbed up the outside corner of cab to enter, IIRC the floor had a drop or
recess of like three inches, so you had to step over that entering exiting. It was a weird truck
to say the least.
white truck 2.jpg

Old Doug

One thing to really show how distorted the interior was look at the height of door to bottom
of door glass. You climbed up the outside corner of cab to enter, IIRC the floor had a drop or
recess of like three inches, so you had to step over that entering exiting. It was a weird truck
to say the least.
View attachment 304751
Some farout stuff like these trucks look like they would have been a lot more problem to build back then maybe they weren't ?