• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Memories for us old truckers

Truck Shop

A 1953 West Coaster I photo'd some 7-8 years ago now, still runs NH220 5 x 3. The old guy who
owned it was just about totally deaf, it was real hard to converse with him. I posted this on a FB
classic truck page which caused a stir {wanting to know where it is} It can just stay where it is
it's history true old school with a stack mirror. Keep their grubby mitts off it.:)
002.JPG003.JPG

Truck Shop

I'm a young guy so I get my info from a book. It's been packed away for a few years but I don't remember seeing GM as an option for IH until the '60's. Maybe they didn't want to buy engines from another truck manufacturer? Are 6-71s shorter than a 220 Cummins? If the IH 190-200 series had a 220, they lengthened the nose to make room, giving it a set back axle look.
A #14 IIRC with a 6-71.
406572949_1699217243933898_6255765050011441372_n.jpg

Truck Shop

I said East L.A. but it really was built in Floida. There south americans are good at sheet metal
work. There is several Ford F 800's down there that have had the same treatment. This one just
needs a finish paint job and a stack along with air cleaner at back of cab.

Truck Shop

I saw this today, and thought of this thread.
Let me guess there were plenty of bull sh!t stories about the Monfort Lane---99% lies built up
trucker garbage total fiction absolutely baseless.
Pill heads is what they were, hyped up on crosstops & beaners. I knew a women who was married
to a Monfort driver, I say WAS. He would come home and spend 12 hours trying to get to sleep.
According to her it was standard practice.

Last edited:

Oxbow

This how chains that don't fit are made to fit, USB cord. Caught and ticketed by WSP
at chain up area for not having proper equipment.
View attachment 300439
He had them on inside out too. Judging from the look of the lower camlock and the one cross link he has a twist. Might have just barely had enough to hook if they were put on correctly.

Truck Shop

Paccar's ID code??
No-I post 111 when I have to erase a post because it wouldn't post correctly.
I just found a current as in today I believe Video of a major snow storm pileup. Trucks and cars
slamming into the tail of the crash at 50 to 60 plus--a meat grinder. Another reason not to
have a CDL---Americans CAN"T DRIVE.

Truck Shop

He had them on inside out too. Judging from the look of the lower camlock and the one cross link he has a twist. Might have just barely had enough to hook if they were put on correctly.
Correct-was waiting for the HEF photo inspection. The new hero's of the road.

skyking1

No-I post 111 when I have to erase a post because it wouldn't post correctly.
I just found a current as in today I believe Video of a major snow storm pileup. Trucks and cars
slamming into the tail of the crash at 50 to 60 plus--a meat grinder. Another reason not to
have a CDL---Americans CAN"T DRIVE.
It made me think of one of those right at the top Westbound, an empty 53' flatbed jacknifed just as you crest over and start down onto the elevated road. We were in the middle of the mix about 100 yards from him, and as holes opened up I kept easing forward into the gaps and watched the carnage in the mirrors. We escaped all damage and after the dust settled there was about 8' behind him to sneak around and we all did, those of us not in the pileup.
I am not sure he even hit anybody but we were not sticking around to see.