• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Memories for us old truckers

Mother Deuce

Thanks Truck Shop for history on that tractor. I was tearing up the net looking for the Fioritos fleet pics from the 60s/70s. Was around Arrow a little bit after they bought Western back in the early 80s and ended up with their yard up in Richmond Beach. Had some friends who worked there. Thanks for the blade image! I would like to own that! Nice old piece and not real common.

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
Anyone notice the Michigan 290M rubber tire dozer hiding behind the B model Mack? the camouflage paint works pretty well. Be interesting to see if it has a matching scraper attached to it.

Mother Deuce

I think its an 88... I will know more later. I didn't really want to get out and start wandering around their place. ( I did but thought I should try to find the owner) Hopefully this snow storm fizzles and I can get back up there!. They have lots of "cool" stuff. The shots I got I took from the road. Hopefully more later!

Truck Shop

I think its an 88... I will know more later. I didn't really want to get out and start wandering around their place. ( I did but thought I should try to find the owner) Hopefully this snow storm fizzles and I can get back up there!. They have lots of "cool" stuff. The shots I got I took from the road. Hopefully more later!

I know you already are aware of this but be real careful around areas where there are old vehicles. Most of the people that have squirreled them away are ok, but I have run into some real dandy's.
I check a place out real good from afar with a set of hi-power binoculars, and some of the stuff I have seen I just call the sheriffs dept or game dept. Two years back I ran on to a kill of two bucks
in August, and before that I was scoping a 54 or so Studebaker short box-and it was pretty obvious there was a meth cook house out back-I checked the power pole and power was disconnected.
Especially these days you never know what can happen when innocently looking at some old equipment or car.

Mother Deuce

I know you already are aware of this but be real careful around areas where there are old vehicles. Most of the people that have squirreled them away are ok, but I have run into some real dandy's.
I check a place out real good from afar with a set of hi-power binoculars, and some of the stuff I have seen I just call the sheriffs dept or game dept. Two years back I ran on to a kill of two bucks
in August, and before that I was scoping a 54 or so Studebaker short box-and it was pretty obvious there was a meth cook house out back-I checked the power pole and power was disconnected.
Especially these days you never know what can happen when innocently looking at some old equipment or car.
I appreciate the concern and it is well taken. I generally always try to get permission before entering anyone’s property. I am a little territorial about our place and I just assume most of the rest of us are too. I had the privilege of looking out the business side of a patrol vehicle for a few years. I go out of my way to stay alert and safe. This particular instance I learned today that the gentleman who started the company left us in 2003 and his other half just passed. However the kids (our ages) are still operating and I have a name for contact. Thanks for thinking of me. I appreciate it