• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Memories for us old truckers

Truck Shop

And this black Hendrickson is the brother of this yellow Hendrickson, both owned by the same outfit at one time. The black one was named Little Henry and the
Yellow-Big Henry. The yellow one was powered by a 16-71 and I know RZ will like that.:)

Truck Shop

228093819_1964HendricksonHiggins.jpg.63f19832d2221315df232229e16058e9 (2).jpg hedrickson heavy truck.jpg

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
The platform trailer behind the yellow one looks to be Talbert to me. They had a few unique methods to accomplish what the Germans were doing across the pond.

I’ve seen the lower of old cranes used in the same manner as a prime mover.

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
And this black Hendrickson is the brother of this yellow Hendrickson, both owned by the same outfit at one time. The black one was named Little Henry and the
Yellow-Big Henry. The yellow one was powered by a 16-71 and I know RZ will like that.:)

Truck Shop

View attachment 181667 View attachment 181668

With a snout like that, a 16V-71 would be a good fit.

Truck Shop

Junkyard you would look good driving that!---{Off through the desert Junkyard did glide flying low and flying wide, he left streaks through towns forty feet wide
the cops wouldn't chase they would run and hide. Junkyard was just taking it for a ride.}:p:eek::):D

Truck Shop

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
That would have a sound all it's own and be a pulling son of a gun wouldn't it RZ?:D

Truck Shop
That would be about 640Hp without turbos, probably has a 5900 or 6000 series Allison transmission. Worked on a few Terex rock trucks with that power pack. The best sound however comes from an industrial skid mount 16 with quad mufflers. Got to watch one "dyno" on a deep well turbine pump, they could open the outlet valve and nearly kill it at 1600 GPM. It did put out a bit of black smoke:D. It was later replaced with a 700HP electric motor with a variable frequency drive that could push 2300GPM.

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
Junkyard you would look good driving that!---{Off through the desert Junkyard did glide flying low and flying wide, he left streaks through towns forty feet wide
the cops wouldn't chase they would run and hide. Junkyard was just taking it for a ride.}:p:eek::):D

Truck Shop
Ride Boldy, Ride... :D

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic

Truck Shop

That’s a good one lol. Sounds like some $hit I would do!

colson04

Only a few of these were ever produced, twin 235's with separate gear boxes, drive shafts and suspension. Rated at 20 tons, 1945 to 1946 called the Eisenhauer Freighter.

Truck Shop

View attachment 181837

After seeing your pic I wanted to read some more about them. Found this site that also has drawings showing how the engines were mounted and how the drivelines worked. Very unique design.

http://theoldmotor.com/?p=130391

Truck Shop

The one I have looked for pictures and info on and have never seen except one small picture of is a {1931 Relay #300A with twin Lycoming Straight 8 engines}.
It was rated at 275 HP and had Westinghouse air brakes. Relay had a very interesting rear drive axle with a standard ring, pinion and a planetary gear at the
wheels. The axle housing did't have much ground clearance. So if anyone can find a picture of a 1931 Relay model 300A please post it.

Truck Shop

Truck Shop

I posted the 300 on another forum and for sure j.hancock had a single photo of the Relay 300A

Truck Shop

430571796_1931relay.thumb.jpg.1927c53bc9b0b19c99acb9dfa4b1b9d7.jpg

Truck Shop

That's cool! Have always liked the post war Chevs. I have never seen or heard of this one.

Well here is an oddity that I saw in 1994. I was taking care of an acquaintance home while he was in Alaska working on a fish processing ship. I was mowing the
yard and had passed by this 1946 Chev one ton truck several times pushing the mower. The truck was on the side of the house facing away from the road.
Something kept bugging me, I finally stopped the mower and stood in front of it just looking at it. Then bang it hit me, I was looking right at it when it registered.
It is spelled CHEVROLET not CHEVPOLET, a very rare mistake in stamping the name in the stainless grille. They left the leg off the R. I asked him about it when he
returned from Alaska his reply was {you weren't suppose to see that}.

Truck Shop