• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Memories for us old truckers

Truck Shop

Biggest reason for that trans in this 850 was Eaton at the time along with Spicer didn't
build a trans that could stand up to that kind of torque. The latest Eaton's will handle
2500 lbs of torque plus.

cfherrman

Those are just straight up pulling units really depending on the size of the draworks. I work on them everyday. Here's a pic of the one I'm on now.

Truck shop is was made in the 50's so it fits memories of old truckers.

Attachments

• IMG_20230719_132354.jpg
    IMG_20230719_132354.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 18

Truck Shop

That's true but one thing---we don't run crap into the ground here a post and move on to next
truck posted.
This thread is about trucks not vocations-and the work that goes with it.

JaredV

Those are just straight up pulling units really depending on the size of the draworks. I work on them everyday. Here's a pic of the one I'm on now.

Better not let any loggers see that. Only a matter of time before someone starts bringing them over this way and converting them into yarders. Looks like it wouldn't take much from where I sit.

cfherrman

Better not let any loggers see that. Only a matter of time before someone starts bringing them over this way and converting them into yarders. Looks like it wouldn't take much from where I sit.

I'll have to watch the video but the skinny poles can go away. My pic is a 10 x 13 pole much like the harder on a trailer mount above. Skinny poles are 8x10

cfherrman

Had time to watch the video. Pretty cool operation. Cut off the pulling unit crown and weld in a yarder crown, add in a enclosed operator cab. Rigs typically have two big winches capable of 6000' of 5/8" line, looks like need to add in a few small winches to help tie it off possibly if they don't use walking boomers. Pretty cool never seen equipment like that.

Truck Shop

I can’t believe how much those old power wagons sell for nowadays no matter what kind of condition. I guess the supply must be drying up
It's people with not much to do, with too much money involved in the {Me Too Crowd}.
As time goes by stuff that no one showed interest in suddenly is gold--mostly fad driven.
I can remember when no one wanted a power wagon, Quad cab pickups were built for
rail roads and logging-NO BODY wanted them, wouldn't be caught dead in one. And now
you can hardly find a single cab pickup.
It's like harley's-no one really wanted one of those years ago, then it became a rage.