• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Memories for us old truckers

Truck Shop

It's everywhere C.O.---------Average price for a worn out W900A model with a Cummins or Cat,
worn out suspension worn out dump box, 30% rubber, needing brakes, probably holds air for
30 minutes or less, built out of a old over the road tractor that already had 1.5 million--------
25K is a base price. Rolling junk.

Truck Shop

I had fun with your above photos today Hank, that KW above is actually a S-12. Most think on
first look it's a C500. The C500 has straight frame rails to the radiator, a S-12 is a W925S-12
using the same tapered drop front front rails as a W900.

Truck Shop

Yes your right, Just do not remember seeing many.

It really depended on the buyers specifications and what he was willing to spend. KW offered the torsion for
cheaper price-plus it was their design and got parts sales to go with it. Mainly trucking companies bought it
for fleet spec trucks, not many owner operators would buy it.

Old Doug

The old trucks all had their quirks but they were sure a lot easier to work on than the new stuff.
I think the worst part is i growed up working on older stuff learning howto and why then i kind of got out of it and lost out learning howto and why. Now i dont know if i could ketchup.