• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Memories for us old truckers

JaredV

One thing I notice about that outfit- they weren't brand snobs. They didn't seem to be afraid to run whatever was best suited to the application. That Pete is beautiful! Was it the fleet flagship?

mitch504

Georgetown Steel used similar Macks to haul out the slag pots when I was in there in the early '90s. They had been there since the mill started up in '69, and are probably still operable. They aren't running the furnaces now since they are in a legal battle with the city, who rezoned the mill property for condos and declared them noncompliant with zoning.

I did see one of those snag one of our R-models, loaded to about 90,000 lbs, and pull the cab clean off, then drag the whole truck 100' or so. The guy in the big Mack never knew he had it.

Truck Shop

That photo reminds of something years ago. In my old town Boy Scouts were have a old newspaper drive,
no one used a kingpin support. The boys stacked the newspaper to the roof and it nosed over.