• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Memories for us old truckers

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Is a Round Fender A-car near New London MO at a older repair shop. Never moves and likely never will again yet still a testament to the strength of these old beasts. Herders today could not even imagine what many of us dealt with as to inconvenience or Lack of Conveniences, In The Day.

Old Doug

Is a Round Fender A-car near New London MO at a older repair shop. Never moves and likely never will again yet still a testament to the strength of these old beasts. Herders today could not even imagine what many of us dealt with as to inconvenience or Lack of Conveniences, In The Day.
I didnt do it every day but i did help drive trucks home that Dad or his friends bought to resale. Every truck was different and after i got it home chances were i would never drive it agin to practice what i learned some had a pull to one side, the gas peddle ether had a hairpin trigger or was every hard to push, the shifter was very lose making a guessing game out of gear changes the first few times. Heat was a given in the summer and on the wish list in the winter. Rainy weather was a deal every cab leaked some and keeping windows defogged and dry on the inside was a real problem even worse if you were trying to find your way some were you had never been. I like Driving and did it every time i could it made a big difference when i got big enough to reach the peddles.

Truck Shop

When towing years ago I usually ended up driving what ever truck it was back to
town in some cases. Broken seats, worn out shift linkage, loose steering, gauges
that didn't work, screwed up wipers, bald tires, don't know if brakes are any good.
Always seemed that happened during snow storms.

Truck Shop

If anyone on here has any of these marker lights in halfway good condition, there worth $30.00 a piece used.
In good condition $40 to $45.00. Used on Kenworth W900 from late 60's to 1982 and some Internationals.
No one has them available as NOS or no longer stock. Plus no longer produced. Many places say they have them
but really don't. Only place online is Ebay and they posting a price of $150.00 each. Which is robbery.

285594193_3288084614771111_800057382777556100_n.jpg

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
If anyone on here has any of these marker lights in halfway good condition, there worth $30.00 a piece used.
In good condition $40 to $45.00. Used on Kenworth W900 from late 60's to 1982 and some Internationals.
No one has them available as NOS or no longer stock. Plus no longer produced. Many places say they have them
but really don't. Only place online is Ebay and they posting a price of $150.00 each. Which is robbery.

View attachment 260747
I'll have to see if I still have the marker light I had out in the barn, don't think it was that style but maybe someone would recognize it. If I recall it was new in the box when I brought it home!

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
I'll have to see if I still have the marker light I had out in the barn, don't think it was that style but maybe someone would recognize it. If I recall it was new in the box when I brought it home!

Well actually still have it and was able to find it:
Do-Ray 2036 Lamp.JPG

That thing is 15 inches overall length, chrome plastic even have the mounting gasket and hardware. Believe it is a Do-Ray 2036, if any one has access to information as to what it might fit let me know, probably a generic style to fit many trucks. If anyone would be interested let me know. PS tested and the original lamp does work!

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
That was a Signal-Stat 1300. I broke one off an old early 80s Ford about 20 years ago or so. I noticed that Pierce fire trucks still used them. I was able to get one from Pierce to replace the broken one. It was made by Dominion Auto. I wonder if Pierce still has them.

I recently sold an IH with a gull wing hood that had a bunch of those on the cab.

View attachment 260747

Old Doug

View attachment 260747
Do you need these i have them on my f600 and i would love to replace them with something lower profile. I just looked out the window and i have them on my IH winch truck and i think there is 2 trucks i am parting with them on them. I think i have some nos that dad bought for some reason. How many would you need?

Truck Shop

I don't need any, I'm just posting because those are hard to get. And don't throw
them away. People restoring a W900 are looking for them.

Old Doug

I have some other IH lights there is a guy close by that has alot of IH stuff i may try to sell them to him. I dont like them that good because i am forever driving under tree limbs.