• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Memories for us old truckers

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
I'm a sitter up guy in a truck. Until my legs need a different bend. Then I lower the seat a few inches for a while to give them a break.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
With all my back wear and tear I have to sit up pretty square myself. Riding the scooter is a little hard on me but I can get off it every hundred or so with minor issue. Old age is not good to us!!

Truck Shop

As far as truck seats go we don't have any low rider seats in the fleet. Everything is kept standard, we slip seat some trucks so the seat has to fully adjustable for everyone.
As far as twin transmission combinations the best or the one I like the best is a 9 & 4. As far as engines go I like ones that run.:D

Truck Shop

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
I drove a couple haul trucks helping a friend out that were 10+4. I'd say that's about as simple and solid as you can get, just like the 9+4. Seems like there's a lot less going on it a 10 speed vs an 18 speed. Don't seem to take as much HP to run either but that could be a figment of my imagination.

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
As far as truck seats go we don't have any low rider seats in the fleet. Everything is kept standard, we slip seat some trucks so the seat has to fully adjustable for everyone.
As far as twin transmission combinations the best or the one I like the best is a 9 & 4. As far as engines go I like ones that run.:D
Myself, I liked a 10 in front of a 4. Once you got moving the 10 was usually enough, but the 4 was nice one those hills that needed just a small adjustment.

Truck Shop

Truck Shop

Just finished a pen and ink for a HEF member of his W900 took three attempts-my first art work in almost ten years. My vision and steadiness has really changed.
But I must keep going so I have started another pen and ink of a 58 Autocar which will be followed by others. To my surprise the pens were still good after setting
that long.

Truck Shop

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
I used to draw, a lot, of trucks, jobsites, whatever entered my head. Can't put the pictures to paper anymore no matter how I try. Seems the left eye was the director for the artwork and since fails to function well cannot see enough to put the lines in the right spots.

Labparamour

Really enjoyed the art you’ve posted. Glad you’re keeping at it. Jealous!
I’ll sketch and doodle...usually while on “hold” ;)

Darryl

crane operator

On Craigslist by Kansas City:

00m0m_6zARjhpJWTd_600x450.jpg

00t0t_b7LUhhrBppk_600x450.jpg

00g0g_3f7MSM7n29F_600x450.jpg

00A0A_3LOWWTRu7iI_600x450.jpg

crane operator

https://kansascity.craigslist.org/hvo/d/antuque-1968-peterbilt-neddle/6415441293.html

Antuque 1968 Peterbilt Neddle Nose 288 Model Day Cab - $14000 (Savannah,mo) hide this posting

image 4 of 5

00T0T_l77Dzdb3cUB_600x450.jpg

condition: good
make / manufacturer: Peterbilt
model name / number: 288

Well started restoration Truck 1968 Peterbilt Needle Nose 288 model day cab. First year of the fold over hood. Has a 330 Cummings 5X4 transmission 66 ton Tulsa oil field Winch. The truck has had a 4 bag air ride system added on rear end and a single air bag system added on the cab, Rides really good. Has add on air conditioning and power steering. Truck starts and runs smooth, sounds good. Pretty long legged on the high side, Tranny shifts pretty good. Not all rusted out. Interior is good but could stand some TLC. Overall she is in pretty decent shape for being 50 years old. (This Is Its Good Points)

( Here Are some of the things it still needs )
Need Tires , Has some air leaks , The body needs some aluminum work done on hood and cowling, And paint. Ac need charged. has a couple pieces of flat glass windows replaced that are cracked. Accessory drive is leaking oil.

crane operator

In the picture of the Chassis tag on the pete 288- it says that the chassis wt is 10935lbs. That must be with no engine, or no engine / transmission?

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
In the picture of the Chassis tag on the pete 288- it says that the chassis wt is 10935lbs. That must be with no engine, or no engine / transmission?
288 should have been a single drive axle as built. I had a '74 359 cut down to single drive with a 335 Cummins that was 12,280 with 2 tanks of fuel and me in the drivers seat.

Truck Shop

That truck probably had a cab change that chassis weight would be minus a drive axle. And the tilt hood came out in mid 1966, I know because mine was a 1966 all
original with factory tilt hood with air assist. Good pics thanks for posting.

Truck Shop

Truck Shop

After a long lay off of ten years from my pen and ink table, I started this 1960 Autocar last monday the 4th and worked on it two hours a day. If it wasn't for
Farmerlund wanting a P & I of his truck I probably wouldn't have restarted my art work. Thanks Farmerlund for getting a fire built under my a$$.

Truck Shop

IMG_20171210_0003.jpg

farmerlund

Occupation
Farmer/ excavator
Glad to see you are continuing to do some more artwork. I think you have a talent that few people have. Look forward to seeing some more new drawings

Steve.

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
Truck Shop do you sell your work? I would love to commission you to draw one of my single axle 71 KW.

Truck Shop

I use to have a web site called Big Trucks in Ink, I sold a few but that endeavor was pretty much a waste of time. People generally want photos-something instant.
If you want a pic just email some pics of it and I will see what I can do. Do you mind if I make it a long hood single axle W900? LOL

Truck Shop

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
I use to have a web site called Big Trucks in Ink, I sold a few but that endeavor was pretty much a waste of time. People generally want photos-something instant.
If you want a pic just email some pics of it and I will see what I can do. Do you mind if I make it a long hood single axle W900? LOL

Truck Shop
So is the drawing in your new avatar an actual truck we may both know? The horns say "Romminger" , but the lift axle and stripes make me think of a guy in George with an ex Rahier Pete Co that is very similar, but it has the tall cab with 3 wipers. I helped stretch and install the lift axle on that one. 19 years later, its still on the road.

Truck Shop

No it's just a truck trailer rig that I dreamed up. There isn't anything I draw {except for personal/one off pictures} that really ends up as real. That's the fun thing about
this art work, I just create what's in my mind at the time and could change several times before I finish a drawing. Other than the fact one of my pictures might look like
someones truck-well that's just luck I guess. Now I will have to change that avatar. :)

Truck Shop