• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

membership growing

DKinWA

Charter Member
Occupation
Biologist and Contractor
I've been really busy lately and haven't been able to participate in discussions like I'd like to, but I did notice we're approaching 500 members. We're at 480 members as I type this and growing. Anyone want to guess when we hit 500 :cool2

Btw, thanks to the developers, sponsors and mods of Heavy Equipment Forums for making this site a great resource for folks like myself :drinkup

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
Welcome, Mark!

Sorry, I blew it. Didn't see this thread in time.

Well, it says you're the newest member, and also that there are 500 members, so you must be #500! What would you have done differently-- waited til the Friday after Thanksgiving to join, just to make Salesrep's prediction correct? :)

See the special 100th member thread, and just multiply everything by 5, and that can be your special 500th member prize. :bouncegri

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
Yes, we've been growing steadily day by day. 500 members is a pretty good milestone, this is a tough industry to find computer savvy in.

I'd like to thank everyone here, our Members, my administration staff and of course our sponsor salesrep! You all have made this work, I've just provided a venue. Many of you may not realize your Moderators are volunteers and I owe them my deepest gratitude!:salute

So thanks everyone, for a pretty much trouble free 2 years! By the way, this week is also our second anniversary. :notworthy

DKinWA

Charter Member
Occupation
Biologist and Contractor
I can't believe I started this thread and didn't even post my own guess :( I know you guys won't believe me, but I was going to say today :D

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
I know you guys won't believe me, but I was going to say today

Uh-huh... :rolleyes:

:) :)

My thanks too, to Steve, for paying the electric bill, so to speak, and to everybody else for coming around and sharing the good times. I still feel it's a privelege to be a part of this... :drinkup

Mark Oomkes

digger242j said:
Welcome, Mark!

Well, it says you're the newest member, and also that there are 500 members, so you must be #500! What would you have done differently-- waited til the Friday after Thanksgiving to join, just to make Salesrep's prediction correct? :)

See the special 100th member thread, and just multiply everything by 5, and that can be your special 500th member prize. :bouncegri

About the staff party, you were going to sing 100 bottles of beer on the wall, so can we assume that for the 500th member you will be singing and drinking 500 bottles of beer on the wall.

If so where do I apply to become a staff member? :bouncegri

And thanks for the free postings, moneys a little tight. I've never won anything before.

Yes, I would have waited just to make him right. ;)

BRL

:drinkup We get beer?? I knew this would pay off some day, where's the tap?? :bouncegri :drinkup

Thanks for joining Mark & welcome!

I was thinking the anniversary was a week from now. Congrats Steve & thanks for the site!!
:notworthy

Orchard Ex

Super Moderator
Thanks to all the moderators for their time! :notworthy Also thanks to the membership for being SUPPORTIVE of people with questions - especially those new to the business. I lurked as a guest for a while here until I joined and was impressed that the members actually wanted to help others! I had been to other forums (one hardscaping forum comes to mind) where if someone asked a question like "how do I ........?" 9 times out of 10 the answer came back as "well if you've never done that then you obviously aren't qualified to do it and you should subcontract it out to a professional who is" blah blah blah. There were a few who would help, but the signal to noise ratio got so low that I gave up.
:drinkup Here's to offering ideas and help instead of trying to blow smoke up each others butts! :drinkup

Mark Oomkes

I've been lurking for quite awhile, figured I might as well take the 2 seconds and actually register.

Great forum, Steve. I have already learned quite a bit. Thanks to the mods too, even if you do get free beer.