• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

McAninch pull type scrapers

Kman9090

Yeah that Missouri rock bit them hard! 2 million dollars a month in maintenance on machines it's hard to make a profit. Last I heard they said screw rock and were going back to dirt. Running a dozer over solid rock in 3rd gear :pointhead what was McAninch thinking? I have looked at some of their bids they did in Missouri for state jobs and holy cow their prices went up. They bid 45million dollars on a job that went for 34.

D5G

I remember McAninch had a big auction a year or two ago, IMO this very possibly could be a closeout. A very sad day if they go under.

RolyD8k

Occupation
farmer & earthmoving contractor
the D11,s have been sold but there,s no mention of all the
D9,s & D10,s with pull scrapers,and there were quite a few
of them:beatsme

CycloneX

The rumor mill here is Des Moines is in full force about Mac. I am now hearing that after the sale they are starting up a new NON Union company. I sure hope that is wrong as it will really hurt/kill our local. Although I did hear today they got a few more decent jobs around here so maybe it is all bull. I should try and get a picture of their yard with all the equipment sitting in it for the sale. Pretty impressive.

Kman9090

Tell you the truth with these slow economy seems like some of the unions don't care about anyone. They are still up there getting their paycheck off of us. If you see a guy is on the out of work list and can't work and can barely afford food but still want him to pay union dues. Then these supposbly trained operators they have for 4 years send them out to the job and they don't know where to put the key.

Gavin84w

I,ll bet none of the 651 bowls have been sold as they would owe them $0, perhaps a good time to clean house, regroup and get into newer tier equipment to be ready for the next periods jobs with cleaner, greener equipment, i would think that a quality outfit like they are with the heritage they have know how to steer the ship in good seas and bad.

Must say it was a bit sad to see some of the older displayed machines from around there yard in the auction lot.

alan627b

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Finally came across the rest of the pics I took, I'll repost them here. Sorry if you've seen them before.
Alan

Attachments

• 641pan3 (Medium).jpg
    641pan3 (Medium).jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 2,232
  • 651_pan (Medium).jpg
    651_pan (Medium).jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 2,271
  • hitch2 (Medium).jpg
    hitch2 (Medium).jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 2,208
  • hitch5 (Medium).jpg
    hitch5 (Medium).jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 2,070
  • hitch3 (Medium).jpg
    hitch3 (Medium).jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 2,090

alan627b

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
More detail shots. The detail shots are of the D11 with the 651 pan. The 385B was digging out a creek channel. Very impressive piece of machinery.

Attachments

• hitch9 (Medium).jpg
    hitch9 (Medium).jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 2,279
  • hitch7 (Medium).jpg
    hitch7 (Medium).jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 2,193
  • hitch6 (Medium).jpg
    hitch6 (Medium).jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 2,081
  • Macjob1 (Medium).jpg
    Macjob1 (Medium).jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 2,058
  • Mac_385-2 (Medium).jpg
    Mac_385-2 (Medium).jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 2,575
Last edited:

alan627b

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Last 3 pics. This was a shopping center job located at Highway 370 and 72nd Street in Papillion, Nebraska. Nowadays the whole area is built up and this is a completed shopping center. Moisture on this job was as high as 25% in some areas. They used a mix of D8's and D9 with either 631 or 641 pans. The D11/651 pan was always down or not in use whenever I got the chance to drop by, unfortunately.
Rollers were 825G's.

Alan

Attachments

• Macjob2 (Medium).jpg
    Macjob2 (Medium).jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 2,150
  • Macjob3 (Medium).jpg
    Macjob3 (Medium).jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 2,184
  • Macjob5 (Medium).jpg
    Macjob5 (Medium).jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 2,085

EGS

Occupation
Local 139 operator
Well thats a bummer, maybe they will reorganize.

Is this the first time? I thought someone said they had been bankrupt before.

They have been bankrupt at least a few times. It sounded like maybe they would be done for good, but I doubt that.

DPete

Bankruptsy is a buisness move anymore, probably be back under a different name. I always figured it meant the end but that doesn't seem to be the case. Thank God I can look my vendors square in the eye and shake their hand.

Walt 66A

Occupation
HE mechanic
Last 3 pics. This was a shopping center job located at Highway 370 and 72nd Street in Papillion, Nebraska. Nowadays the whole area is built up and this is a completed shopping center. Moisture on this job was as high as 25% in some areas. They used a mix of D8's and D9 with either 631 or 641 pans. The D11/651 pan was always down or not in use whenever I got the chance to drop by, unfortunately.
Rollers were 825G's.

Alan

Flip, it would have been 9's, 10's, and 11's. They didn't have any D8's, for some reason.
As far as bannkrupcy, I haven't heard that one. And as far as going non-union, I doubt it because Dwayne has always been a strong supporter of the union. On the other hand, since Doug took over, nothing would surprise me.

Last edited:

Kman9090

I heard from a very reputable source that they filled for bankrupcy, but i also heard this is not the first time they have, but i could be wrong!

My old man was a superintendant down at the Branson airport, and he said theat they lost alot of money there just on the maintance. That rock is HARD on them tracks, he begged them to try out some 651's but they wouldnt, and when i went down there to that job 651's would of killed those D10's and 11's, i think they would of beat the trucks to. But its hard to try to get a company to try something different when they have done it one wayfor so long.

And yeah you didnt see no 8's if it was mcaninch, they mainly use 7's 9's 10's and 11's with a few 6's

jmason

McAninch Doing Well

Just wanted to set the record straight! McAninch is still employing many Operating Engineers at the present time. They have not file bankruptcy in 2010!

Good employer!!

Kman9090

Any more information? Some of their equipment has been sitting a long time, and haven't seen them bidding on any Missouri jobs lately. Hopefully they have been getting alot more work in Iowa.

Kman9090

That video was taken awhile ago before they even did the Branson Airport. They no lomger have the 11's anymore.