• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Man Magnet

Animal

Ha ha, indeed monkey. I guess that was too good to resist :) But seriously, what else could a gal notice besides colour, and of course they are all YELLOW.

Randy88, right now we would be happy with an operational dozer!!! The way things are going now, I don't think we would look at another dozer too soon. At least not a "fixer-upper" like this one has turned out to be :) I guess you are right, though. I respect the voice of experience. We are still novices in this game.

D6etc (sorry forgot the name) I agree with it being genetic. I have seen young boys like you describe happy to watch yellow things digging up streets, etc for hours.

Last edited:

Animal

Nice post.....Thanks for sharing useful information....I really like this kind of informative post...Please keep sharing like these useful information with us.....!
Thanks for your kind words. If there is any useful info here, it is DEFINITELY coming from other people, not me!

MOD Edit - Animal that was a spammer that got through the gate. I edited his spam links out and his post was removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

JimInOz

Now you are a generous man! Thank you. My brain is busting trying to work out where CR is...don't tell me yet.

But, isn't it interesting how there is this attraction between man and machine? I can't think of anything else quite like it. Motorcycles only interest other bikers, tractors other farmers, but the dozer attracts all the guys!

If you appreciate the whole "women & shoes" thing,you'll be close to knowing about men & dozers.
I would imagine NZ operators are a good breed,having worked in steep areas where a mountain goat wouldn't walk.

Jim

koldsteele

Occupation
Owner Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Its been 20 years ago but my ex wife said it best .."The only thing he'd ever run around on me is equipment , There could be a bikini model and a chromed out truck and i'll bet he'll go to the truck " ...she knows me well :D

Animal

If you appreciate the whole "women & shoes" thing,you'll be close to knowing about men & dozers.
Jim

Women and shoes!!! Lets take this thread well off-topic and boldly go where nobody here on Heavy Equipment Forums has gone before! Women and shoes. I'll probably be banned from the site for this.

Not counting work boots for here on the farm, or by motorcycle boots which I see as safety equipment, I have...16 pairs of shoes in my closet. Moreover, I can think of 3 pairs it would be great to have if I won the lottery. Feeling excited and happy just thinking about them :)

Seriously, Jim, what a very apt analogy. I had tried to think of one myself and failed. Guess it takes a bit of perspective to spot it like you did. Well done.

Mods, if you kick me off you'll have to kick Jim off, too :)

Animal

Photos of Animal the 14C

Hi guys, sorry about that last post- got a bit carried away- it seemed such a funny topic for HEF

Here is the photo for you to drool over :)

Animal comp 002.jpg

Last edited:

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Women and shoes!!! Lets take this thread well off-topic and boldly go where nobody here on Heavy Equipment Forums has gone before!

LOL I don't think there is a man brave enough on the Forum to take that topic on.:D

For my wife, shoes are like...yellow iron for me! Just can't have enough and I have my eye on a few hunks of yellow scrap iron I would like to have, if I ever won the lotto.:yup

Randy88

Animal, I too remember telling my wife that same thing, just the first one and thats all I'll ever need, yea that lasted about six months, I now have four looking at number 5 along with all the rest of the stuff I've bought besides dozers over the years that are considered heavy equipment.

One guy told me last summer that he's thankful his wife didn't buy much more than clothes otherwise he'd need four or five houses to store it all just like he needed four machine sheds to hold all his toys, I'd never really looked at it like that before but actually he's right, he went on to say could you imagine if instead of having 30 pairs of shoes, she'd want 30 vehicles or 30 kitchen table and chair sets or 30 sets of dishes and hutches to put them in. He admitted he'd never told her that and maybe I shouldn't either but it did give me a lot to think about, thats also the last time I ever complained about my wife buying things for the house too. Just an odd thought there I wanted to share even if its way off topic, sorry about that.

mitch504

Animal, don't apologize. I freely admit I don't have the guts to tackle the subject, but this is a very entertaining thread.

LK2628

Occupation
Sales
Here's to that, very entertaining thread that's going all over the place! :D
Good pic of the dozer Animal, and not a pair of shoes or boots in sight! Is that an air hose disappearing into the belly amidships? There should be a pair of steelcaps poking up from the floor boards if so!
It looks very original from what I can remember, no paint since it left the factory but the canopy and sweeps look better than some that were fitted out here. Have you started a "visitors book" for it yet, never know who might turn up for a look. :)

Animal

Randy88, I really liked your post! Wouldn't it be a boring old world if we all liked the same thing and had exactly the same interests? I think Mr Animal & I (me? always forget this grammar rule) have worked out a similar accomodation without actually discussing it.

And as for you mitch! Try and say you don't have the guts to comment, when you have such a bold signature. I crack up every time I see it. Glad you are entertained, that is all I can contribute; hubby is the technical brain man. For detailed stuff you'll have to check our other thread.

LK, I'll send you a PM now. It would be great to have a visitor's book! There have been so many callers. I would hate to inhibit them, however, so I probably won't suggest it.

Useless information: Animal the dozer got it's name from a comment here on HEF. When we were looking at purchasing the 14C, we google searched and saw a member called pushcat said he used to have one and it was an animal (compared to other dozers) Thus was our dozer christened :)

RDG

Occupation
Multi skilled plant operator for 40+yrs
Just curious as to what part of the long white cloud are u doing it in, I lived in Tauranga for 40 or more yrs operating machinery before crossing the ditch to warmer climates 17yrs ago. Cheers RDG.

Animal

AHHHH, warmer climes. I don't think it got above 5 degrees C here yesterday, and there was a fresh skiff of snow. Global warming- bring it on!

So where is here? We are in the very southernmost part of South Canterbury. We have felt all the big quakes, and some aftershocks, but haven't had any damage.

Animal the dozer has come here to fix/maintain farm tracks, help develop new hill country, and possibly save thousands of (sheep) lives by ploughing through heavy snow to allow us to feed them or move them. Just in case we get a dreadful winter like our midwestern/northeastern American friends have just survived.

D6 Merv

Occupation
Self employed bulldozing contractor with a D6D D4E
Hi Animal.
Animal in the photo looks tidy too; some more pics maybe neccesary to confirm this tho !
Typical kiwi forestry roading spec. Be interesting to know if it was a NZ forest service machine. Ones that were often had a tag on the dash with NZFS and then a fleet no. Don,t know how many 14C or B models made it here but I wouldn,t think there were many. Unlike the US built Allis Chalmers and later Fiat Allis. HD6; 11s and 16s were very popular here, but once the Fiat designed dozers started taking over most owners stuck with what they had or jumped ship to Komatsu. Well my observations anyway.
Mrs Animal you say you like shoes ? Youre not related to that shelia in the philipenes who liked shoes ? Imelda Marcos ? she had a fetish for shoes, something like 2000 pairs ! ! !
Well enough stirring for one morning. Wet dismal day in my part of NZ. Have a happy day.
Cheers Merv

Animal

Hi Merv, our beast came from Taupo area- possible ex forestry? I'll check the dash.

Maybe every lady has a bit of Imelda in them :D

I will try and load one more photo for you; I'm a bit slow at this stuff... here goes

Animal comp 001.jpg

Animal

Yes, you are correct, dawoodwa. That is another item on our to do/repair list. Good spotting!

Animal

Yes, as above. The guy we bought Animal from said it was not an issue as long as the tracks were tight. We intend to fix it when we can :)

lpnt65

Occupation
Retired
good morning,mr & mrs Animal, Re your missing Top Roller, Please do not believe the previous owners claim that it is ok to have Carrier Roller Missing . Extra strain is placed on Sprocket and that in turn creates strain on drive shaft
the warning is given thru experience the Final drive gears will strip out and you willbe left with huge bill to fix itand your latter state will be worse than your Present state. I am not trying to a fear monger I have Had personal experience with this issue
Similar situation as yours I warned that owner a he didn't listen sorry to have to tel you this but I would make replacing thios roller a priority