• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

MacMillan Bloedel Ltd. Red & White Iron, Past and Present....

dirty4fun

That is good Reg, I will drive it carefully. Not much I can do about the loader operator thou. Looking forward to my next time there and spending more time seeing the countryside and meeting up with my new friends.

RCP57

Occupation
commercial fisherman/part time elf
Reg,I am looking for the thread that shows this little beauty doing laps in your yard. My grandson here in PG wants to see it. Can you help me find it?

Try here Ian, https://www.youtube.com/user/RCP57. I'm uploading a few new videos right now from today but they won't be up for a while. I started to build a logging road through the bush...Of course I had to yard the logs(firewood blocks) first with the skidder, then use the EC300D to load road base into the HD, and then haul the gravel from the pit to the new road...lol

Hank R

Occupation
Retired Truck driver and School bus driver
BLK prince, just get Reg to box up and DHL it up overnight to PG and you will be the worlds best Grampa:)

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
I found this old M&B preload fire tank in Stillwater this summer. Unit #F238

Attachments

• MB preload fire tank F238 s1.jpg
    MB preload fire tank F238 s1.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 1,073

HD Mech

Occupation
Heavy duty mechanic
I thought I was told at one time M&B research had built one with outside help, might have been tested at Menzies bay? Anyway the story was it couldn't handle big enough wood so it was dropped.

Sidney43

Occupation
Retired
That Liebherr machine appears to have low ground pressure tracks on it. Those would not seem to be very well suited to ground with much of a slope?

callingtheshop

Hello all on here,
I've been a member for a few years now but only made a few comments.
I've really enjoyed all the postings in this section of HEF. Well done and thank you.
I worked for M&B for several years and totally retired about 10 years ago and moved to Coutts Alberta.
Winters can be ugly and I usually have projects and this year I hope to scan and post pictures that I have.
I'll be stumbling through this.
If they're turkey's let me know and I'll stop. Also if you think they're ok, let me know.
Thank you.Kelsey Bay 50th Front Cover.jpgKelsey Bay 50th Inside of Front Cover.jpg

HD Mech

Occupation
Heavy duty mechanic
Welcome aboard callingtheshop, did you used to work at Kelsey bay? I showed the picture to my wife since her father used to be a faller there.

Blk prince

Occupation
Truck driver semi retired
Callingtheshop,welcome back. Ex CZ Nitinat driver here. Know lots of M&B people. Some from Kelsey Bay. Andy S and DickL from the cookhouse both from Ladysmith. Andy gone but Dickie still here. Great to see this thread move up from the back pages.

BTC

H-48-h-52

Welcome aboard callingtheshop, did you used to work at Kelsey bay? I showed the picture to my wife since her father used to be a faller there.

Calling The Shop.

You will know doubt remember the fine gentleman that drove these two trucks at Kelsey. I just enjoyed coffee with them this past weekend, hadn't seen them in many years.