• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Mack/Renault midliner

bob b

I have a Mack Ms200p with a Renault engine, and I need the torque specs for an engine ovehaul can anyone help me.

NEVERSWEAT

I work for Renault Trucks in the UK. If you know the engine type i might be able to find out for you.
Its normally something like MIDR 06 02 12

Cheers
Steve :)

NEVERSWEAT

mack midliner

Bob

Could you tell me the age of thing and i might be able to work it out that way.
If so will post reply tomorrow 06/23

Cheers
Steve

p.s do you torque in Nm or Ibs/ft

Last edited:

bob b

ft/lbs perferably it is a 1995 I need rod cap,main cap and head torque, I also need the valve adjusting proceedure Thanks alot for the help Steve

Colin Doy

Bob

Could you tell me the age of thing and i might be able to work it out that way.
If so will post reply tomorrow 06/23

Cheers
Steve

p.s do you torque in Nm or Ibs/ft

Welcome to the forum NEVERSWEAT......its er customary for new people to bring a gift....how about sending over a nice new Magnum for bob b??;)

NEVERSWEAT

Torque figures

Hi Bob

Here are the torque figures

Main bearing caps are 75lbs/ft then 60 degrees angular

Con rod caps are 25ft/lbs then 150 degrees angular

Valves are Exhaust 0.020 thou Inlet 0.010 thou They are done on the "rock" No1 cylinder rocking do No6 No 2 rocking do No5
No3 rocking do No4 No4 rocking do No3 No5 rocking do No2 No6 rocking do No1

The head is torqued in the sequence below at

90lbs/ft in sequence then 180 degrees angular slacken off one by one and retighten at 90ft/lbs then 180 degrees angular in sequence.

https://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=19628&stc=1&d=1214251607

Reference Colins post here are some pictures of the Magnum i am shipping to you :):):)

https://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=19629&stc=1&d=1214251607

https://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=19630&stc=1&d=1214251607

Cheers
Steve

Attachments

• 23-06-2008 20;46;15.jpg
    23-06-2008 20;46;15.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 5,173
  • IMG_0131[1].jpg
    IMG_0131[1].jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 5,939
  • IMG_0129[1].jpg
    IMG_0129[1].jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 6,508
Last edited:

NEVERSWEAT

The cab is a seperate module mounted over the engine giving a completely flat floor.Until recently they were E tech MACK powered but now VOLVO
derived engines fitted :( .

dmschall

a friend of mind has a 1995 Mack Midliner that lacks power, loosing antifreeze into oil, we suspect head gasket but we are concerned about the turbo inner cooler, if it could leak antifreeze into the cylinders? Never had one of these apart before (auto tech for 30 yrs.)
is the head gasket a common problem? does this have sleeves? any help or info would be greatly appreciated..Dan

NEVERSWEAT

a friend of mind has a 1995 Mack Midliner that lacks power, loosing antifreeze into oil, we suspect head gasket but we are concerned about the turbo inner cooler, if it could leak antifreeze into the cylinders? Never had one of these apart before (auto tech for 30 yrs.)
is the head gasket a common problem? does this have sleeves? any help or info would be greatly appreciated..Dan

Head gasket failure fairly rare - oil cooler more common but No 1 could be either liner seals or with the wrong coolant porous liners :(:(

Steve

dmschall

Mack Midliner MS 200 coolant leak

I forgot to mention that the engine is a Renault, MS 200 model, I guess that does not

dmschall

Mack Midliner Reault Engine Cylinder replacement info

I forgot to mention that the engine is a Renault, MS 200 model, I guess that does not matter, thanks for you help..

Well my friend got the cylinder head off and found the number four cylinder scored badly, deeply grooved. He was looking at the cylinder kits at the local truck dealer and they showed shims for what he assumed was for the cylinder protrusion? How do you know if the newly installed cylinder is level with the others, coud you use a straight edge? And do you recommend sealant be put on any of the cylinder seals? Do you have to tap on the cylinder to seat it ?
Many thanks in advance..

dmschall

You were right, looks like the #4 cylinder is scored badly. No sign of head gasket failure.
The new cylinder kit appears to have shims, are they for cylinder protrusion? If so, how do you measure the height of the cylinder above the deck to match the other cylinders? Use a straight edge ? Do you add a sealer to any of the cylinder seals? Do you have to drive the new cylinder into place ? You help is really appreciated. thank you

NEVERSWEAT

Sorry - not been on for a while - do you still need any info ????

If so can you find the engine type on the plate on the engine -

MIDR 060212 MIDR 060226 something like that

cheers
Steve

DLaw

I have a 1998 Mack MS200 with the Renault engine, #5600 426-02 on the block.
It recently started getting hot on a return trip from Wilkes-Barre Pennsylvania, we live in Knoxville Tennessee.
We pulled the radiator and found it flow tested good, but a lot of the cooling fins were corroded away so we replaced with a new one.
We also found the electric fans for the cool the A/C coil were bad so we replaced them.
We took a trip to Bluffton S.C. last week And the truck ran hot unless we kept it around 1,800 RPM , quite slow going up the mountains.
Any Advice as to what might be causing this problem?
We thought we would check the thermostat,
Anyone know if the water pump impeller could be breaking down , they look to be make of metal in the little bit of info we could find on these engines.
Any Advice would be Greatly Appreciated