• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Mack/Renault midliner

sschmied1965

Occupation
Mechanic
I have a 1997 MS 300 with a M510 engine MIDR numbers 06 02 26 I am looking for the torque specs for head bolts and connecting rod bolts I dont know if they are the same as the ms200 I have been looking everywhere and cant get an answer from Mack I had the issue of antifreeze in the oil pan found out orings on sleeves were bad now trying to put it back together and cant find info .Thank you for this forum and your help is greatly appreciated !!!!

sschmied1965

Occupation
Mechanic
I have a 1998 Mack MS200 with the Renault engine, #5600 426-02 on the block.
It recently started getting hot on a return trip from Wilkes-Barre Pennsylvania, we live in Knoxville Tennessee.
We pulled the radiator and found it flow tested good, but a lot of the cooling fins were corroded away so we replaced with a new one.
We also found the electric fans for the cool the A/C coil were bad so we replaced them.
We took a trip to Bluffton S.C. last week And the truck ran hot unless we kept it around 1,800 RPM , quite slow going up the mountains.
Any Advice as to what might be causing this problem?
We thought we would check the thermostat,
Anyone know if the water pump impeller could be breaking down , they look to be make of metal in the little bit of info we could find on these engines.
Any Advice would be Greatly Appreciated
I have had the water pump impeller break down and brought my flow down to just at the edge of over heating changed it out and have never had the problem again