• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Mack-Phase Two

Truck Shop

MD are you hurting/ I read the thread one liner. Did you break some ribs? if so i'm real sorry for your pain-I know how uncomfortable that can be, been there.

Truck Shop

TS that is about an art piece... Will there be arm wrestling or winning a poker run for for the seat? After today I don't think I can go with my left but the right is still workin'.:D

I suppose drawing straws would be best. I also think we could have a hog calling contest too. But I will still be a bystander drinking coffee.:p

Mother Deuce

MD are you hurting/ I read the thread one liner. Did you break some ribs? if so i'm real sorry for your pain-I know how uncomfortable that can be, been there.
I appreciate kind thoughts. :) Yeah I did... I have been mucking out some material we had decked in a temporary yard I decide that I was going to move the dump truck. There is a couple of pieces of loose debris on the grade. I pick them up and tote them over to the debris pile and step on this patch of snow... which was actually a 2 foot deep hole. I did the on foot version of a ground loop. I am now doing my best John Wayne impression for awhile. LOL “ It will feel better when it stops hurting.” It always seems like it while it is snowing or iced up when I cleverly decide to pirouette right into the deck. As much as I hate 12 foot long snakes Florida is looking pretty good right now.

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
I appreciate kind thoughts. :) Yeah I did... I have been mucking out some material we had decked in a temporary yard I decide that I was going to move the dump truck. There is a couple of pieces of loose debris on the grade. I pick them up and tote them over to the debris pile and step on this patch of snow... which was actually a 2 foot deep hole. I did the on foot version of a ground loop. I am now doing my best John Wayne impression for awhile. LOL “ It will feel better when it stops hurting.” It always seems like it while it is snowing or iced up when I cleverly decide to pirouette right into the deck. As much as I hate 12 foot long snakes Florida is looking pretty good right now.
Ouch... I got stupid on a snowmobile once and partially separated my sternum. That was bad, slept in my recliner for 3 months. The doc said it was an easy fix if I wanted them to split me open and wire it back together. No I didn't laugh when he said that. o_O

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
May hurt to laugh but have to tell. Buddy I worked with came to work hobbling aggravated & disgusted, had been on Vacation for a week and was coming back to work, one pant leg seemed 'Fuller' than the other and had this noticeable limp where the boss sent him home on Sick Leave until better able to walk. Seems he had a ATV accident, was rolling pretty good clip across a heavily grassed pasture forgot there was a substantial Ditch in the grass and hit it fast enough to become Airborne(He DID Get a Badge), ATV was following rolling up behind him performing its Own flips where it impaled him just aside the evil Brown Eye!!!. Was the Big joke FOR YEARS as to he having a ATV stuck where the Sun Don't Shine!!! That brought out the Artists in our little entourage IN FORCE!

He was SERIOUSLY Lucky in that the handlebar missed his major leg artery by mere millimeters but had to pull the leg off the handlebar grip end to get back to the house.

This same Fella was installing Roof Trusses on a shed with a Air Nailer, went to shoot a Toe set nail into the base of a truss, slipped, gun went off and then realized had a sore spot on his Chest, was a 16P nail sunk to an inch from full length in his LEFT Chest region, that one missed anything vital as well but he had to be anesthetized to remove it!! Was in that same construction process went to hit a block with a four pound to shift it a might, was a Shade TOO Close hammer bounced and hit him SQUARE in the Forehead knocking him out, there was CONSIDERABLE artwork with his name upon it after those too!!

Mother Deuce

MD
Been hurt a time or two and while yes it will quit hurting at some point just take it easy a bit
Might be a hint to slow up some!!
Best wishes and hope is a short term problem
Dave
That is the cruel part of getting older... you hardly notice till your mid fifty's. Then it adds something new to the party on a semi annual basis it seems.
Going to retire in 6 years or so. Will take slowing up under advisement. Going to the dump now and a few more of the weekend necessities. I will be the
one walking like the Duke, slowly.

colson04

Ouch. Hope your recovery goes well, MD. I didn't break mine, but I sure bruised them bad in a snowmobile incident. It hurt like hell to roll out of bed in the morning, get out of a chair, etc.

Truck Shop

Almost done with the visor, it came off a Pete 379 and was fairly scratched up I polished out most of it. I had to cut 10" out of the middle to narrow it-used a skinny wheel. Plus build
a center mount which was a total by eye affair and a bunch of time, I made a center cover for the splice area out of stainless also. Top and bottom mirror brackets are done just need
to finish the mirror mount end hoops, then off to the plating shop. And the floor is finished. Just need seats, wheel and lap belts.

thanks for looking

008 (2).JPG 005.JPG 010.JPG 001 (2).JPG

Truck Shop

That visor was a aftermarket and made out of 1/16 stainless, I don't know what grade of stainless it was made from but real tough to cut. Went through three large skinny wheels to remove
5" from the center of each side. Those floor sill plates are also stainless. I had to rebend the ends of the visor to fit the cab using a leaf break. I formed all those parts and pieces and fit them one at
a time. Plus I had to make a new floor plate that's under the shift boot. That boot is a KW by the way.

Truck Shop

I had a bunch of 1/16 by 3/4 square tube in the shop so that's what it got, plus I wanted to use square tube for the mirror brackets because it's different.