• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Mack CL350 ST logging truck

jackd

Occupation
Airline Mechanic
Something's Up.

I was up in the Squamish area again and poked my nose into the Elaho yard as I passed. They've hacked down all the brush right around the Mack and the water tank. My guess is that these old gals are headed off to the scrap yard. They had two Madill pipes pulled out as well.

HDX

jackd That old Mack would make a GREAT "Gate Guard" Dont get me wrong no im not getting soft but after all they were part of the great BC logging historical picture and deserve more than a cutting torch Maybe drag her down to the Fair Grounds and set her up with a trailer on her back. Look at all the logging history in and around Squamish and see whats left We were in one of the scrapyards over there some years ago and there was the old J85 from Franklin getting cut up I went over and looked around the front of the machine and on the sides and was totally caught off guard by the amount of names and dates scratched into her. All those old machines were museums in their own right God I saw names of guys I hadnt seen or even thought of for too many years Do the right thing and save the old Mack She earned it

jackd

Occupation
Airline Mechanic
Wish I Could...

It's pretty hard to drag an old Mack behind a motorbike - but I would if I could.

Squamish is changing like you wouldn't believe. I took off up an old logging road to go sit up beside a river that runs along side it. Thought I was out in the middle of nowhere - just me and the bush a few miles east of the town centre. I never had thought to look over the bank to see what was there and today I did. Lo and behold there was another subdivision way out in the sticks. There goes the neighbourhood. I went by the Logging Museum a few weeks ago to see what was there. Not much from our generation has been saved, if anything at all. My read is that the influx of retirees has changed the nature of the town and the logging history will soon be erased. Property development and coffee bars rule the roost right now. On the other hand, I thought maybe this might be a good enough spot to spend my final years if my wife was willing. Great area on a sunny day.

I remember scratching my name in amongst the many that had done the same, back in the '70s. My guess is that these personal placards went into the smelter like so much else from our history. At least I still have the memories and the shots on this website to bring it all back

64Pacific

Hey HayesNo1:

WB: 225"
Rear Axle spread: 68"

I have a lot more on this truck, let me know what you need and I can get it for you.

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
Hey HayesNo1:

WB: 225"
Rear Axle spread: 68"

I have a lot more on this truck, let me know what you need and I can get it for you.
64Pacific; Thanks for your info. Any info/measurements on that truck has my interest.

bccat

Occupation
Retired millwright,Heavy Equipment Operator
Hi. This is my first post, I have lived in Squamish since 1960, Seen alot of changes. My Dad and I collected Cat Tractors from a Cat 10 to a Diesel 75, Still have 2 D2,s and a Cat10. After viewing this post of Mack Trucks I went down to Elaho Logging shop and took a few pics of it, Will post later, H438 has a Rolls Royce V12 in her . Serial #3, manufactured by Perkins, Elaho has moved to Phillips Arm, I have pics of there equipment waiting to be loaded on the Barge, Enjoy this forum, Ken

jackd

Occupation
Airline Mechanic
Welcome bccat! Looks like you're our man on the ground in Squamish... Everytime I went into the Elaho yard, I had a sense that the place was on the way out. The news that they are moving to Phillips Arm tends to back this up. So the H-438 - where is this? I thought that the cab that was there was the H-439. So are they junking everything that is left there? I'm looking forward to seeing your pics.

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
Hi. This is my first post, I have lived in Squamish since 1960, Seen alot of changes. My Dad and I collected Cat Tractors from a Cat 10 to a Diesel 75, Still have 2 D2,s and a Cat10. After viewing this post of Mack Trucks I went down to Elaho Logging shop and took a few pics of it, Will post later, H438 has a Rolls Royce V12 in her . Serial #3, manufactured by Perkins, Elaho has moved to Phillips Arm, I have pics of there equipment waiting to be loaded on the Barge, Enjoy this forum, Ken

bccat; Welcome on board! Looking forward to see pictures. As jackd I am a curious about H438. Last time I saw her was in CR with a sander box attached in 2005 - I think owner was Olsen, CR. Next year cab ended up at Ventures Site, so I thought truck had been scrapped so hopefully she is still worth saving beside H439

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
Pics of cab in 2006 and truck wth sander box Y2005(pic 2). Cab got Pacific/IHC doors. All pics were taken in CR area!

Attachments

• 100_2648s.jpg
    100_2648s.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 1,591
  • Canada 2005 18072005 598s.jpg
    Canada 2005 18072005 598s.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 1,600
  • 100_2649s.jpg
    100_2649s.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 1,544
  • 100_2647s.jpg
    100_2647s.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 1,559
  • 100_2644s.jpg
    100_2644s.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 1,568

bccat

Occupation
Hi I made a mistake the one in Squamish is H-439, There is also a Kw 850 ex coal truck at a shop on Loggers Lane beside John Langis, they are getting it ready to Haul pumice in the upper pemberton valley,Ken

jackd

Occupation
Airline Mechanic
I saw that KW850 when I was up there recently. The owner said that the HDX that he has was going to be used for the same purpose. He said the HDX was better at climbing the steep terrain than the KW. Keep the info coming bccat. Anything else up around there of interest? Who is that guy over by the Train Museum with the equipment in his yard?

jackd

Occupation
Airline Mechanic
Still There.

I thought I'd post some shots of this equipment now that they've brushed it out. They still haven't carted it all off and someone dragged the water tank for some reason. I didn't realize that the H-439 was actually more than just the cab because of all the alders that were there. Almost a comlete truck and yes it does have a Roll Royce engine.

Attachments

• IMG_0247.JPG
    IMG_0247.JPG
    155.8 KB · Views: 1,489
  • IMG_0245.JPG
    IMG_0245.JPG
    132.4 KB · Views: 1,513
  • IMG_0243.JPG
    IMG_0243.JPG
    151.6 KB · Views: 1,572
  • IMG_0244.JPG
    IMG_0244.JPG
    209.8 KB · Views: 1,491
  • IMG_0242.JPG
    IMG_0242.JPG
    184 KB · Views: 1,477

jackd

Occupation
Airline Mechanic
Hello Bccat! I was up in your neck of the woods this morning and noticed that the Elaho yard is locked up - never been the case in the past. Have they finally moved on? I also saw a couple of older haulers parked near downtown at a truck yard. I never had my camera along or had the time to go and investigate, so I am hoping that you might be reading this and might enlighten us. The truck yard is right behind the Ford dealer next to the river. These are recent arrivals.

bccat

Occupation
jackd, The trailer and bunks for the hd110 are nearby at Sandy's other site , The Kenworth at Squamish Mills shop is a 848, Been there a while, Will get pics and serial #, Ken

jackd

Occupation
Airline Mechanic
I hadn't noticed the Kenworth on previous jaunts to your area. Everytime I go up there I wind up meeting some very unique person from the area - usually they wander on over to look at the motorbike that I'm riding. I met a guy who runs around on a Ural sidecar with knobby tires on it - my guess is that he heads up into the back trails around Squamish. Boy I really do enjoy that area - it's starting to feel like home up there.

Redwood Climber

Howdy bbcat!

Please post pictures of your D2's and Cat 10's! I hope you find all the tricks to resizing your pictures. I'd love to see them. There is a thread here for 'Old Iron", it would be cool to see them. I owned a D2 Cat in the seventies, it had a straight blade and a Hyster D2 winch, and a complete canopy with sweeps, it was a fun machine.

jackd

Occupation
Airline Mechanic
I rode past the Elaho yard today - there's a big 'For Sale' sign on the top of the building facing the highway. Open for re-development - more changes for Squamish.

72HDX

Occupation
Off-Highway Truck Driver
More pictures of ex. Irvin CL350 parked at Tom Turners place summer 2006. Last time I was in Holberg(summer 2007) I only saw ex Butch Carrolls blue CL350ST. It still had the original cab. Since truck has got a "new" Pacific cab. See pic of her at Vancouver Island Thread with Pacific cab

Sorry to say, I found out a few weeks ago that truck was written off last year in Holberg. My dad was up at Saratoga Ventures looking for some 17inch air cleaners for my truck when Joe showed him to blue ones that happen to look a little familiar. Not sure how it happened, but I now have both Air cleaner housing on my HDX

swifter_1

Newbie hear, but long time lurker. Premay Equipment/Trucking has 4 CL's in Ft Mac as well as 4 Challengers and a few 849. I just had my hoe low bedded by a CL and an old Aspen.I'll try to sneek some pics, but we can't get close ups because of security etc. I'll make sure to get them in the laydown yard outside of the mine.BTW they made 2 Challengers into tridems I think, 1 for sure

jackd

Occupation
Airline Mechanic
H-443

I am always delighted when one of my fellow riders somehow captures something a little bit different. Here is H-443 once more, this time supposedly in Sayward in 2008

Attachments

• Sayward1.jpg
    Sayward1.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 1,194